How To Clean Your Healthy Home on a Budget - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-23-2010, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned

How To Clean Your Healthy Home on a Budget

You have probably noticed that non-toxic, healthy cleaning products tend to be too expensive. You may have even decided not to dispose of all those chemical-laden cleaning products because the healthy alternatives are so expensive. I will show you how to clean your home with natural, healthy products and save money.

Why is it imperative that you get those harmful chemicals out of your home? The answer is simple. It's because you care. You care about the health of your family, your loved ones, your pets, and yourself.

Natural, nontoxic cleaning can gratify you in knowing that you are protecting your family's health and that your home is a place for your bodies to rest and recuperate rather than promote harm.

You can find volumes of information and countless reasons to use non-toxic cleaning products, but the main point here is that we make an effort to simplify our lives, save money and quit breathing what is unhealthy for us in our own homes.

How can you clean with natural, non-toxic products and save money? Make your own. It is easy and straightforward. All you need for the following nontoxic cleaning recipes are:

White distilled vinegar

Baking soda

Washing soda

Liquid vegetable soaps called castile soap

Tea Tree oil

Clean spray bottles

Glass jars

You will find these products in supermarkets, health food stores, hardware and home improvement stores. Ounce for ounce, homemade cleaning formulas cost about one-tenth the price of their commercial counterparts-and that includes costly, but worthwhile essential oils and concentrated, all-purpose detergents for homemade recipes.
Note: Make sure to label all your homemade cleaning products, and keep them away from pets and children.

WINDOW CLEANER

- -tablespoon liquid castile soap

3 tablespoons vinegar

2 cups water

Spray bottle

Put all the ingredients into a spray bottle, shake and use as you would a commercial brand. The soap in this recipe is important. It cuts the wax residue from the commercial brands you may have used.

OVEN CLEANER

1 cup or more baking soda

water

a squirt or two of liquid castile soap

Sprinkle water generously over the bottom of the oven, then cover the grime with enough baking soda that the surface it totally white. Sprinkle some more water over the top. Let the mixture set overnight. You can easily wipe up the grease the next morning because the grime will have loosened. When you have cleaned up the worst of the mess, dab a bit of liquid castile soap on a sponge, and wash the remaining residue from the oven.

ALL-PURPOSE SPRAY CLEANER

1-teaspoon borax

-teaspoon washing soda

2 tablespoons vinegar

-teaspoon castile soap

2 cups very hot tap water

Spray bottle

Combine the borax, washing soda, vinegar, and liquid castile soap in a spray bottle. Add very hot tap water, shaking the bottle gently until the minerals have dissolved. Spray on to the area to be cleaned and wipe with a sponge, rag, or cellulose sponge cloth.

DISINFECTANT SPRAY

2 Cups Water

Cup White Vinegar

tsp. Tea Tree Oil

tsp. Lavender Oil

Combine and store in a spray bottle. Shake occasionally. Use where ever a disinfectant spray is needed.

Robert F. Kennedy once said, "Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it"

Kenyan Proverb ~ "Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children."

cleaning | home cleaning | vinegar cleaning | gift | Food | Relationship | Girl friend | Boy friend | Pregnancy | Vegetables | Clean | Milk | Exercises

Last edited by cutegirl; 01-25-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM

I wish more people would clean with products made from those ingredients!!!! I shop online at a store that makes all their products that way (because it is a lot easier for me to buy them pre-made, and they do it as a concentrate, so you add your own water, and that cuts back on waste from packaging and such.)

Great post!
post #3 of Old 02-07-2011, 07:56 AM

This are great tips but people are finding a ready made one especially for those who have no such time to give attention for cleaning.But this is a great idea mate. Thanks for posting....

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencleaning View Post
This are great tips but people are finding a ready made one especially for those who have no such time to give attention for cleaning.But this is a great idea mate. Thanks for posting....
If people are finding them ready made, there is nothing wrong with that... like I said, I am far too lazy (or maybe just far too busy) to mix my own products, but I do still buy all naturally derived, eco-friendly products, and think it is great if more people are made aware of their beenfits, cleaning power, and cost saving opportunities!
post #5 of Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 AM

hey really it is a amazing tips..... SPRAY CLEANER will help full all to clean a home
post #6 of Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 AM

these recipes are really good and environmentally... I'm a big fan of the green cleaning solutions and always make my own cleaners

post #7 of Old 06-27-2011, 06:20 PM

I like these recipes alot also, green is the best way to go!
post #8 of Old 07-29-2011, 08:11 AM

Here are some more homemade recipes
All-purpose cleaner 1.
Mix two heaped tablespoons bicarbonate of soda and one tablespoon white vinegar together and store the cleaner in an airtight container.
All-purpose cleaner 2.
Mix four tablespoons bicarbonate of soda and 1140 ml warm water together. Wipe surfaces with a soft cloth dipped in the solution. Rinse with clean water. This recipe makes a mild cleaner and deodorizer for light soiling on the fridge, oven and any other surfaces.
Strong all-purpose cleaner 1.
Mix half a cup of washing soda with 4.5 litres warm water. This cleaner can be used in kitchens and bathrooms, on floors, tiles, cupboards, appliances, ovens and so on, but not on fibreglass or aluminium.
Strong all-purpose cleaner 2.
Mix 4 litres hot water, 100 ml household ammonia, 100 ml white vinegar and 200 g bicarbonate of soda and store in a tightly sealed bottle. This is a good all-round cleaner for many surfaces and materials including appliances, glass and silver. It will also strip floor wax and dissolve resinous matter.
Mild abrasive cleaner.
Add a few drops of water to baking soda to form a paste. Apply it with a stiff bristled brush on hard surfaces, and with an old toothbrush between tiles.
Recipe for a disinfectant.
Mix cup of bleach with 1.5 litres water. Keep the surfaces wet for five minutes, rinse and allow to dry. Use this disinfectant for hairbrushes and combs, mopping vinyl, and sanitizing and deodorizing garbage bins.

post #9 of Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 PM

Response

Thank you for this great information. I really appreciate it.

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #10 of Old 08-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaheader View Post
Here are some more homemade recipes
All-purpose cleaner 1.
Mix two heaped tablespoons bicarbonate of soda and one tablespoon white vinegar together and store the cleaner in an airtight container.
All-purpose cleaner 2.
Mix four tablespoons bicarbonate of soda and 1140 ml warm water together. Wipe surfaces with a soft cloth dipped in the solution. Rinse with clean water. This recipe makes a mild cleaner and deodorizer for light soiling on the fridge, oven and any other surfaces.
Strong all-purpose cleaner 1.
Mix half a cup of washing soda with 4.5 litres warm water. This cleaner can be used in kitchens and bathrooms, on floors, tiles, cupboards, appliances, ovens and so on, but not on fibreglass or aluminium.
Strong all-purpose cleaner 2.
Mix 4 litres hot water, 100 ml household ammonia, 100 ml white vinegar and 200 g bicarbonate of soda and store in a tightly sealed bottle. This is a good all-round cleaner for many surfaces and materials including appliances, glass and silver. It will also strip floor wax and dissolve resinous matter.
Mild abrasive cleaner.
Add a few drops of water to baking soda to form a paste. Apply it with a stiff bristled brush on hard surfaces, and with an old toothbrush between tiles.
Recipe for a disinfectant.
Mix cup of bleach with 1.5 litres water. Keep the surfaces wet for five minutes, rinse and allow to dry. Use this disinfectant for hairbrushes and combs, mopping vinyl, and sanitizing and deodorizing garbage bins.

Thank you so much for giving this useful content on here
post #11 of Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 AM

Green cleaning is effective, no need to buy commercial products, make your own. http://www.cleanerconfessions.com/how-to-clean-a-coffee-maker-%E2%80%93-green-cleaning-recipes
It is fairly easy,just follow the tips!

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #12 of Old 08-31-2011, 02:58 PM

Fantastic piece of information. I am in the middle of setting up a blog for my <a href="http://www.cleanqueen.co.uk">cleaning company in chester</a> I would like to post this info on my site. My <a href="http://www.cleanqueen.co.uk">cleaners in chester</a> will really like these tips. Anything that people can do to be eco friendly they should if they can whenever possible. To many harmful chemicals about when these should be taken off the shelves and replaced with more eco friendly. ;] http://www.cleanqueen.co.uk

Last edited by cleaner chester; 08-31-2011 at 03:02 PM.
post #13 of Old 08-31-2011, 03:08 PM

how can i post anchor txt it doesnt seem to work ;]
post #14 of Old 09-01-2011, 01:00 AM

Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it. Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. Great tips above . Thank you for sharing
post #15 of Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 AM

Thanks for the above informative post.
I was horrified initially facing such kind of problems.
post #16 of Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 AM

A very special thanks for providing these easy tips .I was thinking of these kind of easy tips which can be implemented easiely.

Handyman
post #17 of Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. More people need to know about this, especially with this economy.
post #18 of Old 02-10-2012, 06:56 AM

I have used these for years. Baking soda and vinegar paste for my shower. Works great without the noxious smells. And so much cheaper.
post #19 of Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 AM

Great sharing!!one of my friend tell me about this thread,i see is really good and have encouraging stuff here.....Nice sharing...Keep it up!!!
post #20 of Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM

This is great. I LIVE by using baking soda and vinegar.

Tags
cleaner chester , cleaning , home cleaning , vinegar cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode