Maintaining Wooden Doors and Windows - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Maintaining Wooden Doors and Windows

Wooden doors and windows should be inspected regularly and if required should be cleaned and maintained with appropriate material.Water penetration should be avoided in addition to rain as water may penetrate a window due to lack of general house maintenance such as leaky drains or gutter.The seals and glass should be cleaned regularly to remove dirt and grease.Seals can be cleaned with a mild solution of washing-up liquid and warm water using a soft cloth and finishing with a wipe of clean water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM

I mostly call to my contractor for maintaing the windows because I could not maintain doors and windows on my behalf...
post #3 of Old 09-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Your tips are very useful for maintaining wooden doors and windows. Another essential step is to make sure there is no raw exposed wood. Exposed raw wood will warp, rot and crack quickly ruining your wood and quite possibly the warranty guarantee. Getting a paint that has good anti-fungal properties will stop mold and mildew damage. This process is necessary whether you live in wet climates or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 AM

Miantainence of wooden window and doors

Maintenance of wooden door and window are very important for the homes having wooden door and stuff. For this we require various types of solution with the help of which we can take care of the wooden windows and doors. Regular cleaning of wooden materials should be done so that we can protect them.
post #5 of Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM

Wooden doors and windows are considered home accessories that add beauty and style to the house. When cleaning, make sure to use non-abrasive cleaners specifically designed for wooden doors. Read the cleaners' instructions and contents first before buying or applying it to the wood.
post #6 of Old 01-27-2014, 10:02 PM

Wood Cleaning looks fun
post #7 of Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 AM

We can use Bio Clean for cleaning doors or hard surfaces and Hydra Glitter for window glasses...
post #8 of Old 08-13-2014, 06:15 AM

Wood is one thing that rots very easily, and needs to be taken care of. One thing I can add for sure, too much watery solutions should not be used.
post #9 of Old 03-24-2015, 07:15 AM

I always make sure to get the inspection done every three months for any damages or repair work.
post #10 of Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM

I completely agree that wood is hard to maintain but wooden doors and windows are really beautiful.
Cleaners Vauxhall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode