Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Water Damage Restoration

26K views 53 replies 48 participants last post by  xobig 
#1 ·
Water damage restoration is among the most complicated treatments that most houses ultimately experience. Homes that were mostly constructed with timber are specifically prone to major water damage since soaked wood and sheetrock produce ideal conditions for mold growth.
The most important thing is the restoration company you hired should be licensed and all the people who are involve in the fire damage restoration process must be insured. It is not just of the safety purpose but also because according to law the water damage restoration company must be licensed.
The inspection of the damage begins with the repairing process. A team of professionals evaluate the total damage, the situation and which parts of the construction have been most affected by the water.

#40 ·
Advantages of Advanced Drying Techniques – Water Damage Restoration

After a flood or any water related disaster, it is imperative for drying water-damaged contents and properties as rapidly as possible. Gone are those days when the contractors for water damage restoration had few alternatives available to them while performing their job. Today, the “science of drying” has been better significantly. With the help of modern equipment, one can restore the water damaged contents and properties with minimum intrusion. (By using LGR Dehumidifiers)

ServiceMaster QRS
1945 S. Halsted St. Suite 401 Chicago, IL 60608 | 773-388-9200

#6 · (Edited)
Water Damage is the procedure of recovering damaged items as like before as it was at beginning. Damage recovery process requires different tools and ideas. it can only be done with professional water damage restoration professionals. Last year, it had been reported by the top media news channel that Virginia was the big disaster areas where due to heavy rain and flood.

Nexters Restoration Services Inc had helped several families and business last year. This company has been working for over 20 years in helping people who are flood victims. I was one of the victims who had helped by this company. I thanked them after damage recovery. They worked well and doing now.

You can also visit its website or see complete address i'm providing here:
Address:
Nexters Restoration Services
9051 Liberia Ave
Manassas, VA 20110 United States
TELEPHONE : 571-271-5351
Web address: nexterswaterdamage .com

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
I don't get the point of the post but I guess the thread itself is informative. From a business standpoint, water damage restoration is not part of the "usual" cleaning routines therefore you have to charge extra. It should depend on the severity of the case and how many hours and hard labor is needed to tackle the problem. That said, I did some free work for some of my friends of friends that got hit by some storm late last year which in turn became a marketing campaign to some extent. oh well, water damage isn't necessarily that big of a deal but it does make a room look ugly.

#19 ·
Water Damage is the procedure of recovering damaged items as like before as it was at beginning. Damage recovery process requires different tools and ideas. it can only be done with professional water damage restoration professionals. Last year, it had been reported by the top media news channel that Virginia was the big disaster areas where due to heavy rain and flood.

#22 ·
Excess moisture or flooding can cause structures, architectural and property to rapidly deteriorate. The problem becomes more serious when the water or clean-up services are delayed. It prevents additional damage by taking fast, appropriate actions. When moisture seeps into anything of value there are immediate steps that can be taken to reduce the amount of long-term damage that results.

#26 ·
Water Damage

Water damage has the potential to destroy or weaken the structure of a home or building fast unless you take immediate action. The cleanup is only one step in the process. Having removed the standing water from the floors, walls and ceiling. The next step is to discard anything that can’t be salvaged such as wet boxes, pressed wood furniture and some clothing. Remember to always make a list and take pictures of anything that can’t be saved for your insurance claim. After we have determined that all the water is removed with the help of our meters and cameras we can begin the drying process. Were able to determine what part of the house structure needs the most drying attention.