Join Date: Aug 2017
Tips for Water Damage
Water damage is one of the most common emergency-type issues that a homeowner can experience. Protect you and your family while preventing further damage with these water damage tips.
1. Assess the affected area. Your safety is paramount. Be very aware of your surroundings ó slipping hazards, electrical hazards, and health hazards may be present. When in doubt, do not enter the damaged area.
2. Shut off the water source to the house if needed. The utility department or the local fire department can help or you can contact Stanley Restoration.
3. Contact a professional restoration company with a reliable reputation.
1. Do not attempt to deal with a major water damage yourself. Shop vacs and household fans will not remove large amounts of water efficiency and will only cause the damage to worsen over time. Bacteria, odors, and mold can begin forming as materials such as carpet, carpet pad, studs, insulation, and drywall remain saturated.
2. Do not attempt to operate or remove any type of electronic device such as TVís, etc.
3. Do not attempt to lift water-logged items. Saturated items are deceptively heavy and could cause injury.
4. Do not cross-contaminate. If you are not certain if the water source or water is clean, please do not remove items from this area or walk in this area. You could cause additional areas to become affected.
Stanley Restoration and More