Advice For Starting a Profitable Cleaning Business? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By CleaningTalk
  • 1 Post By AnaM

post #1 of Old 02-01-2017, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Advice For Starting a Profitable Cleaning Business?

What advice would you give others, just getting started, to develop a profitable cleaning business?
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-15-2017, 06:37 AM

I think you should take advise from carpet cleaning companies. If you don't know then I will suggest you Dupont Circle Carpet Cleaning company which can give you correct suggestions.
post #3 of Old 04-18-2017, 07:39 AM

You should take help of online marketing to promote your business whenever you want. Because they will increase the presence of your business through out the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-08-2017, 03:23 AM

First, I would like say that no business can survive without customers, therefore, it is important whether you run small or big business, location is a key point, as clean and fresh ambiance will attract more customers and can bring a positive atmosphere in your workplace. I owned and operated a cleaning company for 25 years working by myself. We have a team of dedicated commercial carpet cleaning operatives. With Momentum Janitorial Cleaning Services, Inc. you can feel assured you will always have a perfect, deep clean, and professional look while maintaining the look and life span of the carpet that will ensure the long life and quality of your facility's carpets for many years.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #5 of Old 06-20-2017, 07:02 PM

Do a good job. Exceed expectations, especially at the beginning.
Gain some steam.
Actively ask your happy customers for reviews, references, and recommendations.
Network with fellow business owners. Maybe a plumber can refer you to a few of his clients. Maybe you can return the favor and even offer a one time discount for said clients.
TCCleaning likes this.
post #6 of Old 06-28-2017, 09:50 PM

Thumbs up Be the Best Cleaning business

In starting a profitable cleaning business be sure to have the best professional cleaner, good choice of the cleaning solutions, the location and getting the work done professionally. Be a customer friendly it attracts more customers. And promote the business using the internet. Just like what we have done in ServiceMaster Clean Atlanta, now serving the multiple areas in Sandy Springs, Decatur, Stockbridge, Conyers, McDonough, Stone Mountain, Covington, Social Circle, and DeKalb County.
https://www.servicemastercleanatlanta.com/
post #7 of Old 07-01-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleaningTalk View Post

What advice would you give others, just getting started, to develop a profitable cleaning business?
I have been into cleaning services for 15 years ranging from home cleaning, deep cleaning, kitchen cleaning, etc. for expert advice find my contact details at http://hicare.in/home-cleaning-services
post #8 of Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 AM

1. Web Appearance, 2. In-Person Appearance, 3. Product

All you need to start is supplies, a good vacuum, car door signs, t-shirts, and a website. I invested a total of $1,000 and make that back weekly and I've only been in business 6 months. Set up a Google My Business and learn how to get the most out of it. Don't pay someone to build your website, learn how to build one. SPEND WEEKS LEARNING HOW TO BUILD A WEBSITE. I get so much business (almost all of it) from my investment in time learning how to build and rank my website on google. Offer lower prices and give a better service. Be personal and make each client feel like they are your only client.

http://www.exbodeclean.com/cleaning-services/
post #9 of Old 08-14-2017, 07:12 AM

Yes, cleaning may be one of the easiest businesses to start. However, without good initial planning and a bit of creativity, your business could be heading for a fall even before you start.

From my over 15 years experience of running a cleaning business, I can suggest one or 2 things for new entrants into the business:

Decide on What Type of Cleaning Business You would like Run
Broadly speaking there are 2 key types of cleaning business. They are both as lucrative as each other.

Residential Cleaning - This when you clean for private clients in their homes. You do not not need a lot of money (initial outlay) or paperwork to start this.

Commercial Cleaning - This is when you offer your cleaning services to Organisations and Companies. They are a bit more demanding and require you to have certain documentation in place before they can work with you. Companies/Organisations take time to agree contracts but once they do, contracts tend to be longer and a lot more steady.

Decide on Location and study the buying habits of your would be clients
Target areas where you know people are more likely to need and be able to afford the service. With regards to residential cleaning, people always like to come back to a clean home after a days work. So you would be looking for areas where people are more likely to go out and earn money

Branding
Remember, presentation is key! People would perceive your business as successful if you present it as such. Your website must be nice and simple. Settle on a corporate colour, logo and make sure you have standardised approach to how you present your business. People must be able to recognise your business because of the impression you have left on them.

Marketing:
This is perhaps the most important as aspect of the business apart from the quality of the service itself. You need to get your business in front of the buyer. There are several ways to do this but I would only touch very quickly on one or two ways.

Leaflet Distribution: You can do this yourself or get someone else to do this for you. Make sure your message is brief, simple and devoid of jargons.
Internet Promotion: Promote your business on social media and on the internet as a whole
Small Value Contracts: Look for small value contracts in your area. These are contracts below £50,000 in value, companies without a lot of trading history behind them can start with these type of contracts.

I will not bore you with too many details. if you need further details please pm me. I am the Operations Director for an Office Cleaning London, a London, UK based cleaning company. We can help you out with your website, stationery, templates and tips on how to start your cleaning business at a cost.

Last edited by citywide; 09-06-2017 at 04:48 AM. Reason: additional information
post #10 of Old 09-05-2017, 05:22 PM

Get help at Luxury Cleaning Company

I think you should take advice from New York Cleaning Service. Because they have a lot of experience in Luxury Cleaning field. My point of view is that the best cleaning services NYC company is - Luxury Cleaning NY
post #11 of Old 09-06-2017, 04:49 AM

Thanks for your contribution LuxuryCleaner.
post #12 of Old 09-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Checklist

1. Supplies and Equipment
  2. Licenses and Insurance
  3. Target Market
  4. Advertising
Cleaning Startup
post #13 of Old 09-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Great tips, thanks!
post #14 of Old 10-21-2019, 12:13 PM

Good afternoon, guys! Autumn began, a period of sand, poop, water, dirt in the saloon. Everything has already got dirty by me and my passengers. I decided to clean the https://cleanhomeguide.com/best-car-carpet-cleaners/ carpets! I must say right away that I would like not only “clean” out of motives, but also remove the smells of dampness (my car was in a damp garage for a year, almost all the smells went away, because more than one dry cleaning was done, there was only a carpet) What will I need?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode