Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: Help with bidding commercial project Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
02-27-2017 02:47 PM
R0B0 B0B The overall building is a town hall for a city. There is a large entry way which leads to hall ways of which jet out into various spaces. Some of this 97k sq ft. is made up of a large empty room used for small events; similar to a convention space. Another room, which is not used often is the chamber room, where the city counsel meets. So mostly benches for visitors and a large desk. I guess you could equate this to a small court room. Obviously these spaces are not used every night, but the city still wants them "cleaned" five night a week. So it will need to be included in the bid. The rest of the space consist of offices for city employees. There may be more desks than this, but thats all I counted during the job walk. The majority of the work will not be the offices, we can bust those out quickly. Its the cleaning of the tile flooring across most of this space which is the problem. If I had to use a word to describe the entry way (sitting area) etc I would call it "grand."

As of now I know the regular $0.08 per sq ft. is far too high. I almost feel that even the 0.05 is too high. There are around 30 companies bidding on this job.
02-24-2017 04:37 PM
jahra352 I do see that they are requesting cleaning 5 nights per week. I would think that you should be in the area of $0.10 - $0.12 per sq.ft. or $9,700.00 to $11,640.00 per month. If it is a property manager for an office building then you will most likely need to be much lower. The only thing that doesn't make sense about this is that there are only 50-60 desks in a 97,000 sq.ft. building. So if there are only 50-60 employees working here, what makes up the 97,000 sq.ft. and are your required to clean all of this space nightly?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
02-24-2017 01:57 AM
RobertC2020 A alot of space, what is the frequency of the cleanings? A building this large I would bid by the sq footage. Depending on what you charge in your area I would charge your going rate per sq. foot by 97,000 sq feet. Especially if this is more then a twice a week cleaning. If your only cleaning it twice a month I might do a flat fee based on the amount of time and help you will need etc. Just my opinion.
02-23-2017 06:37 PM
R0B0 B0B

You don't sound like an ass. lol

There are two medium sized bathrooms on each floor. There are two floors. So four bathrooms total. (male and female restrooms) To give an idea on the size of each bathroom there are two sinks and four stalls each.

Yes the desk's need to be cleaned. Based on the size of each interior office there is probably between 50-60 desks in the entire facility. (Its mainly an office space)

Windows are being quoted out separately.

02-22-2017 07:31 PM
jahra352 I don't know if it's just me so I apologize for sounding like an ass, but if you really want help with pricing then you may want to include a few more details! For instance, are there 4 bathrooms or 20? Do you have to clean the desks, how much interior glass, how many people work there to determine how much in supplies to be used, etc. Too many people come here asking for a price without thinking of all of the factors involved.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
02-22-2017 05:34 PM
R0B0 B0B
Help with bidding commercial project


I am bidding a standard cleaning on a 97,000 sq ft town hall. It has a large entry way with the majority of the area being mixed use office space. 25% tile or wood flooring with the other 75% being carpet. They want cleaning 5 nights a week.

What is a good price to charge including supplies?

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome