Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: Five Signs You May Have Mold in Your Home Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
03-22-2015 08:01 PM
RealClean These are just common sense signs of possible mold in your home, nothing really useful or new here.
02-21-2015 04:08 AM
Villy Scott Good to know, thanks! Unfortunately if one cannot eliminate the origin they will never be able to get rid of the mold spread.
06-08-2011 07:59 AM
whakataka Thanks for that. Here in New Zealand we have lots of old, leaky homes that are prone to moulds. I used to live in one myself. Same as you mention, we saw spotting on the wall near the floor... seemed there had been a leak at some point before we moved in and the landlord hadn't addressed it.

Leaky homes can be a real issue down here, as we've got a really wet winter in most parts of the island.
06-02-2011 07:16 AM
Five Signs You May Have Mold in Your Home

The easy answer to whether or not you have mold in your home is, yes. There are thousands of different types of mold in the world, and all homes naturally have some mold and spores in the dust and air.

Most types in small amounts will not cause severe problems with your health or affect your home adversely, but certain conditions can cause molds to grow and flourish to an unhealthy level. Here are some signs that you may have a high level of mold and/or a type of mold (like Black mold) that could be detrimental to your health and home.

  • You have areas of high moisture in your home.
  • You have an unaddressed leak.
  • Your home smells musty or earthy.
  • You see strange specks in odd places. When mold grows it generally begins as spots in varying colors.
  • You or household members have chronic mold allergy symptoms. Respiratory problems, sinus problems, coughing, dry itchy eyes, skin irritation, and headaches are just a few symptoms of sensitivity to mold.

If you are suspicious that you may have a mold problem in your home, it is important to have it is a good idea to have a professional come in to do your testing. Some licensed home inspectors are also licensed mold assessors, able to test for mold with state-of-the-art equipment.

Knowing how to recognize a mold infestation early on can help you keep your family healthy and save money on costly remediation.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome