|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|10-14-2012 04:40 PM|
Google "universal precautions". That's procedures that the health care industry uses for avoiding exposure to germs, virus' and bacteria. Learn these procedures. Some PPE (personal protective equipment) is required. Mainly safety glasses and gloves.
If you have a Sam's Club near you check out the 2 boxes of Vinyl gloves for about $7. That's what we use. They are tough enough for a couple of hours of cleaning and are really cheap.
|10-14-2012 10:15 AM|
|akro13||If you are so much scared of occupational hazards for cleaners, then go to Akro; catering equipment company, and their professionals will suggest you hygiene equipment.|
|01-04-2010 07:07 AM|
|johnherzen||Making our surrounding germ free,disease is what one single person can do,So it should be a group effort..Keeping the surrounding clean,should be in the thought of all the persons around...|
|01-01-2010 02:17 AM|
|mold removal tampa||
Often mold is not even visible to the naked eye, yet it can be hidden in the walls, floors or ceilings. Where there is water damage and moisture mold can grow and produce dangerous mycotoxins. Mycotoxins can be inhaled, absorbed or ingested causing serious illness.
It attacks all ages and walks of life. Old houses and new construction! No one is immune. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot get sick from mold. Not only can you get sick, but you can lose your life once it becomes systemic, if left untreated. Mycotoxicosis is not an allergy. It is a toxic poisoning.
|12-29-2009 10:37 AM|
I would wear gloves not only because of germs but because of the chemicals you may come into contact with too. For just an average person cleaning their house here and there, they can probably come into the contact with cleaning chemicals and remain relatively healthy. Though, if you are cleaning a couple hours a day and you come into contact with those cleaning chemicals frequently, then they can effect your health.
If the labels on your chemicals say to wash immediately after contact with skin, then as a cleaner you should probably be wearing gloves while using it. Be sure to read the labels.
As for viruses and other things, some germs can remain alive on non-porous surfaces for up to a day or two. You are going to come into contact with those things before you even start cleaning. How many times do you rub your eyes, wipe your nose, touch your mouth, or touch any other mucous membrane? Quite frequenty I imagine. That is all it really takes to get infected with a virus that may have found its way onto your hand. Gloves are good in this respect as you normally don't want to touch your face while wearing gloves.
You may want to bring some tissue paper or a dry towel around with you if you ever need to wipe your face or anything.
|12-26-2009 03:47 AM|
Oh,cleaning is done in order to get free from germs..
This only make our surrounding hygiene...So it will be germ free..So ther is no need of getting sick..
But should have a habit of cleaning frequently...
|12-07-2009 03:42 PM|
Anyone know of any research or articles on germs as an occupational hazard for cleaners? I've looked around to no avail.
I have some doc office clients, one of which is treating a bumper crop of flu patients right now. The week I stopped wearing gloves for restrooms and trash (not enough time to mess with gloves and not making enough money to keep myself supplied) I got hit with a bad cold or possibly flu.
I also think I caught something from not remembering to wash my hands before using the bathroom after work. I'm scared that it might be something havoc-wreaking like staph or an STD, and the local health department only checks for a few things, none of which cause the symptoms I have.
Any idea of how common getting sick from germs picked up while cleaning is?