|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|09-29-2013 11:58 AM|
|Hablin||I have spots in my bathroom, on the ceiling and upper walls. Not sure what it is, the color is black. I hit it with bleach and scrubbed but it doesn't go away|
|09-19-2013 03:24 AM|
If mold has begun to grow in your bathroom you need to remove it immediately. You can use a scrubbing brush to clean mold off most bathroom surfaces and an old toothbrush to get into hard to reach places where mold has begun to grow.
Use hot water with soap and baking soda to remove most of the mold. Baking soda is a great cleaning agent. Try this recipe to make your own baking soda cleaner for the bathroom.Try and keep your bathroom dry as far as possible.
|08-22-2013 01:28 AM|
|kevinbrown96||Bathrooms are the most common site for the growth and development of moulds as the place remain moistens with water sources. If you happens to see them in your bathroom, its better to remove it immediately with the use of chemical like bleach, borax, vinegar and ammonia. You can use a sponge, cloth or scrubbing brush to clean mold off or even a tooth brush to reach out the area where these components doesn’t reach.|
|08-12-2013 11:06 AM|
The acid is very useful for removing all mould from floor.
But it can be dangerous to be used.
|08-04-2013 02:40 PM|
|krktoday||In Florida everyone has mold in the bathroom. The only way to prevent it is to take a towel and completely dry your shower after every use. I use a hand towel that never sees a softner sheet. I even dry the floor. If you do this you will never have mold nor will you ever have to clean your shower. My shower is 20 years old and it looks as new as the day it one installed. I have never had to use a cleaner on it. It takes under a minute to dry a entire shower doors, floor and all.|
|10-07-2012 04:36 PM|
|JohnDhu||The way i would a mould in a bath or bathroom is to use a high pressurseid steam cleaner and blast the mould away. Wear a protective goggles or you might get some in your eye|
|10-05-2012 06:32 AM|
|marie davidson||Molds attack moisture laden areas very easily and bathroom is a part of the house which is mostly subjected to moisture. The problem doubles in rainy season. Last year I noticed molds in my bathroom and since my father-in-law is asthmatic even I was wondering whether I should use oils and sprays or not. It is then when one friend of mine told me about Mold Removal ny and trust me they sorted out the whole problem without troubling the asthmatic patient in my house. These guys use proper equipments and remove molds at durable charges. Hope they will make your bathroom mold free as they made mine!|
|10-04-2012 12:01 AM|
|lisawilson288||When removing mold, you should wear proper protective equipment, including rubber gloves, eye protection and a dust mask. You may also want to isolate the area by taping plastic sheeting to walls and ceiling to prevent the spread of dust and mold particles. Sensitive individuals should not be in the same or adjacent rooms during the work and may choose to leave the house until the mold is removed.|
|08-01-2012 04:52 AM|
Originally Posted by shun View Post
You should appoint some mold remediation technician, who will work safely to remove mold, because if you do it by yourself then it will affect your health.
|07-26-2012 12:43 AM|
|cleansrvc||Well, there are several mold cleaning and removal tool kits available in market with which you can easily get rid of mold in your home. Also, keep in mind that if there is mold growth in your home, you should clean up the mold and fix the water problem.|
|01-11-2012 12:08 AM|
It depends where the mold is.
If this is mold inside a bowl or glass that was forgotten, yes. Dish washing liquid works. Squirt a generous amount into the bowl or glass. Add hot water. Allow to sit for at least a half an hour (to kill the mold). Then rinse and scrub. I would scrub with paper towels first, since they are disposable. Follow up with a scrub brush.
If the mold is on caulk or a wall...a 50/50 mix of Clorox and water in a spritzer bottle. Spray the area. Allow to dry. No need to rinse. Repeat if necessary.
If the mold is in a shower head...remove the shower head. Soak in a mixture of baking soda and water for about a half an hour. Scrub with an old tooth. Rinse well.
|01-10-2012 01:17 PM|
|Snellexperts||You need to clean up your source of moisture first and foremost to ensure that the mold doesn't come back. Yes the mold spores can and will get air born, so its a good idea to wipe all of the surface areas in the effected room, assuming that the mold is actually messing with your asthma. Otherwise, just fix the moisture problem, and remove the mold.|
|01-07-2012 09:47 PM|
As was mentioned, you have to remove the source of the mould. Mould thrives in damp humid environments, so by making the environment less conducive to its growth you will gradually eliminate it. So take a two teared approach. Kill the mould with an acid and bleach based mould remover.
Secondly you have to increase the airflow in the room, this will remove the moisture in the remove and prevent mould growing again. There are a few ways of doing this, keep windows and door open so that you can introduce a crossflow of air in the room. If it is in a room that does not have external windows, it might be beneficial to install a whirly birds, as they will increase airflow and remove moisture.
It is important to have a two phase to removing mould permanently, as if you only use a mould cleaner, but dont install whirly birds, then the conditions are still ideal for mould to grow, so it will come back.
|01-06-2012 09:49 AM|
Acid solution sometimes helps. great suggestion and tips guys!
|01-06-2012 03:54 AM|
|Marie Dupont||The proper way of removing mold is first attacking the area with salt and essential oils. Getting it dry and then not allowing moisture to linger, air more.|
|12-17-2011 05:32 AM|
|katty||The best way for you to remove black mold is find the source of the problem. This may be a leaky sink, leaky window, or a past event that happened. Usually when there is a high moisture in an area, there will be a mold and mildew problem. The very best way to get rid of mold is getting rid of the source of the problem.|
|12-15-2011 07:00 PM|
|cleanandgreen||Super Fresh is CERTIFIED GREEN cleaning product that kills mold and mildew. Dilute 2 ounces to a gallon of water, spray it on, agitate, and rinse off.|
|12-15-2011 03:16 PM|
What is the proper way of removing moulds? I have seen some on our bathroom. You guys know any cleaning agent I can use? I am somewhat scared because I have asthma, don't these stuff airborne too?