Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum - Reply to Topic
Thread: Nipping Garage Mold in Bud Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
10-18-2013 10:15 PM
Rapid HotClean Always wear a respirator when using bleach.
10-17-2013 10:39 PM
Merrill Braidy Make sure you have plenty of ventilation. Bleach fumes are nasty for the eyes, lungs, and your skin.
02-16-2012 10:23 AM
golem Aside from two horizontal watermarks from a hurricane 3 hrs ago, I see no signs of mold. Besides the two old watermarks, the drywall doesn't get wet. I only spell the mold.

Water in the garage comes from cars after it rains or they leak fluid and there's a bit of water at the bottom of the garage door after it rains.

Water from the front of a car got on a cardboard box and one of the items that I suspected had the original mold spores. So I threw out the cardboard box and replaced it with a plastic tote. I plan to replace all remaining carboard boxes with corrugated plastic boxes.

I'm just unsure what to do about the spores, especially those in the air.
02-16-2012 12:16 AM
Mold Tampa Removal Do you see any visible mold in the garage? Any idea if any drywall is getting wet? If you have any cardboard boxes on the floor and they have gotten wet, I would immediately discard them. Do you just smell the mold or do you see it as well?
02-14-2012 10:38 PM
Nipping Garage Mold in Bud

I moved out of an apartment with what appeared to be toxic mold (and became sensitive to it). I made the mistake temporarily storing a few of the items from the apartment in the garage (for 2 days).

It's been about a week. It's rained twice since then. When there's water from rain, the garage makes me sick. When it dries out and I spray some Lysol spray, I feel fine.

What should I do? What product would be best for getting rid of the mold spores quickly and easily? Should I use a dehumidifier or will it just spread the spores? I really want to take care of this quickly.

FYI, there are no visible signs of mold in the garage. This is a 15 yr old house in SE Texas.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome