Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Did a walk-thru yesterday morning of an office park that has 5 seperate buildings with a total of 66,000 square feet. This property manager wants basic cleaning of common areas and all offices in each building(1 being a daycare) 5 days a week or 3 days a week. The current company has gotten many complaints, along with leaving doors unlocked causing burglaries. I think it may be the company itself because this office park is in a very prominent part of town.

I was thinking 2 people per building @ 5 man hours.

5 days a week - $9,180

3 days a week - $6,308

***This will be my first time hiring a crew as I currently do all the other work myself. Is the saying true that if you pay $10hr that it's really $14hr with taxes, etc?***

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
So are you thinking it will take 25 total hours to clean the complex? I would be thinking more like 15 hours per night. Your price would be right if it really did take 25 hours but I feel pretty confident that they aren't paying anywhere near $10,000.00 per month to clean their 66,000 sq.ft. of space. I would think that they would be in the $5,500 - $6,500 per month range for 5 nights per week of cleaning.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only reason I feel it would take that long is each building has quite a few office suites(mostly Doctors and Lawyers) Each office suite has glass entry doors. Even the main building entrance has glass entry doors.

However, I did not account for cleaning everyday which cuts down on time.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Unless they have money to burn then you need to be at a production rate of around 4,000 sq.ft. per hour. or about 15 hours per night. Give it a shot wherever you feel comfortable or even ask them if they know the hours and number of people cleaning before giving your quote. They may give you some answers to help. The glass cleaning will just need touch up work and I doubt that it is what is causing their complaints at the moment. In my opinion, over $7,000.00 per month will price you way above any other quotes. I used to clean a 120,000 sq.ft. office building at $7,800.00 per month.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

1 - 6 of 6 Posts