Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! New member, 1st post. I'm diving into Roof Cleaning Business very soon. All set except for which product/mixture to use, which would be kind of important. The more I research, the more confusing it gets. PW vs non pw, to bleach or not to bleach, hypoclorite vs hydroxideetc etc.

If bleach is 'bad' for roof as some say, why does GAF say to use it?

Has anybody tried CleanerToday products? QSE cleaner and RoofArmor specifically? I see them advertised everywhere but not much in the way of reviews. All help appreciated.

Bill

·
Registered
620 Posts
Stick with sodium hypochlorite and you'll be fine.

Benefits:
• It works. Dramatic results in short time. Customer is "wowed" by results.
• Inexpensive compared to quartenary cleaners.

Negative:
• Can kill plants, flowers and grass without proper watering and runoff.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Greetings all! New member, 1st post. I'm diving into Roof Cleaning Business very soon. All set except for which product/mixture to use, which would be kind of important. The more I research, the more confusing it gets. PW vs non pw, to bleach or not to bleach, hypoclorite vs hydroxideetc etc.

If bleach is 'bad' for roof as some say, why does GAF say to use it?

Has anybody tried CleanerToday products? QSE cleaner and RoofArmor specifically? I see them advertised everywhere but not much in the way of reviews. All help appreciated.

Bill
Do an Internet Search for Apple Sauce ?
It is the roof cleaning mixture used and developed by us at Apple Roof Cleaning.

It is not a sold product, you make your own.
The formula is posted at Pressure Washing Institute and The Grime Scene.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Thanks. Have been doing serious homework and your 'applesauce' sounds yummy!! I'll you posted on what I use and how it goes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes, Thanks. Have been doing serious homework and your 'applesauce' sounds yummy!! I'll you posted on what I use and how it goes.
It is a proven roof cleaning mix, in use by thousands of roof cleaners.
It also works real well as a house wash, just dilute it pretty well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts