Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Apartment Complex Bidding

15K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  sprintcar93 
#1 ·
We have a residential/commercial cleaning business and have just recently been asked to do a bid for an apartment complex (doing turn over cleans). Slow months would be around 10 apts per month and busy months would be around 30 apts per month. We would also be cleaning the common areas and the office everyday.

We've done plenty of move/out cleans for individuals and for individual landlords however just not sure how to bid for a whole complex. Anyone have any advice or have dealt with bidding apartment complexes. What should I be looking for and what questions should I ask. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

#4 ·
We just bid these at our hourly rate.

Problem is they are more than likely going to want a set price per unit. A lot of times these places will promise you tons of business and show you a few recently empty apartments that are in good shape. As soon as you start cleaning though you will find that most of them are in REALLY bad shape and they take extra time to clean.

We did this with several complexes and I finally just gave up and now just give them the hourly rate. As you can imagine we don't get very many of these types of jobs anymore.

If you are just starting out it can make you some money but trust me you probably won't be making a good hourly rate.

#5 ·
I can't imagine doing these at a set rate, the difference from one to the next could be incredible! How competitive is it? maybe you could bid it a bit high so that the easy ones make up for the wicked dirty ones. That is how I often look at carpet cleaning apartments, we will not work for the rock bottom price because it is the same deal, the PM wants them all done at the same price. If it is a BIG complex I will get kind of low due to volume, but I am not gonna kill myself on your 10 unit complex for nothing.

#6 ·
We only price at a set rate. It really all balances it self out. Normally a 2 man crew can complete a 2 bedroom in 2.5 hours. Sometimes they are there for 3.5 and some times just over one hour because its a re-model. It all balances out and makes you work a lil faster to get out at a decent time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.