Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's depend on what you give him/her to play. You can not stop them for playing. Keep eyes on them. It is absolutely ok then.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think games are not a big problem but you need to do some things like:

- keep track of the time spent by your child online;
- check that the games played are age appropriate;
- learn how online games of various genres can help your child to evolve.
Yes. this is the way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think that it is best to engage your kids in outdoor activities.. though in today's world lots of people are earning from E.sports!! the industry is growing fast..striking a balance can be helpful
Actually agree with you! Too much of vg is not good!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you controlling the time - yes. I allow my son play videogames... 2 hours per day.
Same here but I also control what he's playing ) don't allow him to play CS:go but League of legends is ok. He treats it like a fairytale. Sometimes Jeremy spends up to 4-5 hours daily trying to improve his skills. I'm glad when he is successful in that because all of his classmates are also crazy about League of Legends. It's sort of competiton between them :grin: I know that he is even using AI post-match analysis to improve his gaming skills (here is the service https://gosu.ai/platform/league-of-legends in case your kid is same passionate about this game :wink

·
Registered
731 Posts
I do not give my son such games.

I don't have children but if I did, I would agree with this post. Not just children - all of u s spend way too much time staring at a small screen for hours on end. We have forgotten how to talk with each other! I am so glad I was not brought up on computers. When I was a child, I spent as much time as I could being outside, enjoying nature. The world seemed magical to me, birds, flowers, trees, animals and sunshine. I was lucky to grow up out in the country part of Maryland. Beautiful place back then. Now? Not so.:crying

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that it is best to engage your kids in outdoor activities.. though in today's world lots of people are earning from E.sports!! the industry is growing fast..striking a balance can be helpful.
Actually agree with you. Nowadays children pay little attention to outdoor activities unfortunately! (((

Games are a waste of time. It is clear that it is unrealistic to protect children from gadgets and modern IT technologies. But it can be done more cognitively. You can take the set-top box for IPTV/OTT. So you get quality TV and a great variety of TV programs. For the child you will receive cognitive transmissions. There are channels about health, animals, science and technology, educational programs. It's much cooler and better than banal games
I wouldn't be that categorical )) TV is a waste of time that goes without a doubt! but games sometimes may be really useful for increasing brain activity!

I don't have children but if I did, I would agree with this post. Not just children - all of u s spend way too much time staring at a small screen for hours on end. We have forgotten how to talk with each other! I am so glad I was not brought up on computers. When I was a child, I spent as much time as I could being outside, enjoying nature. The world seemed magical to me, birds, flowers, trees, animals and sunshine. I was lucky to grow up out in the country part of Maryland. Beautiful place back then. Now? Not so.:crying
Right you are, mon ami! :grin:

·
Registered
32 Posts
As for the topic. I guess that it depends on the game itself! If it is something like CS:GO then I would object to their playing it! Honestly! But if it is Destiny 2 like game then I see no evil in that! I'll tell you more. My little cousi n who is 8 yrs old plays the above mentioned Destiny 2 almost every day and that is much better than wandering in the streets with bad guys ) on his 8th birthday btw his parents and I pitched in and bought him lots of armour and other extra power things here https://overgear.com/games/d2/raids-pve-boosting. The boy said that was the best present for him :grin:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts