Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? Recommendations? I am going to use it to final clean after the drywall finishers are done just ahead of the painters. I need to do the bottoms of the walls and all the electric outlets. I want something that will last and can be used with disposable bags. Unless there is a better system I don't know about.

Here is what I am looking at.
Rubbermaid Commercial 9VBH10 10 Quart HEPA Backpack Vacuum Cleaner, 8A Power, 11-1/2" Depth x 13" Width x 27-19/32" Height

Or this one maybe....
Hoover® Vacuum Cleaners; Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial Backpack Cleaning System

Sorry I am not able to use links yet.

If you know of something better please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am disappointed there has been no response to my post but I guess I can't say I am surprised. I have been at this awhile now and have yet to see anyone using a backpack vacuum on a job site.

I can always flip a coin I suppose. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the Hoover HOV C2401-010 Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial Back Pack.

I looked all over and I got the best price here.

marbeck.com/hoover-hov-c2401-010-shoulder-vac-pro-commercial-back-pack-with-tools-and-attachments/

It fills up faster then I would like but you could suck start a Harley with it I think.

I found it to be a great supplement for my large floor model shop vac but not a replacement. It is much faster to use on stairs and trim. Normal dust use would be different I am sure but I am dealing with drywall dust. So your experience might differ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The best in my opinion is the Tornado Pac-Vac System, They come in 6 & 10 quart sizes. I can say from personal experience that they work great, use disposable bags and are constructed well. I got mine at Facility Solutions Group the website is facilitysi .com. Can't post links yet sorry. Best price around and the staff is very knowledgeable about their products. The harness on the Pac-Vac is made by Deuter, the company that makes legit hiking packs and gear harnesses. If your still looking, Check them out for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We use and are mostly satisfied with the Proteam Super Coach backpack vacuum cleaner. We're also looking for a handheld for larger areas, but haven't found the perfect one yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
any new backpacks

Are there any new noteworthy backpacks nowadays? Let's say something that would worth for a self Christmas present?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2 back pack vacuums thinking they would be better and easier, I don't recommend buying one as they are really expensive and they break down easily, Also they don't pick up as well as commercial vacuums. I recommend investing your money in a shop vac and a commercial vacuum trust me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought 2 back pack vacuums thinking they would be better and easier, I don't recommend buying one as they are really expensive and they break down easily, Also they don't pick up as well as commercial vacuums. I recommend investing your money in a shop vac and a commercial vacuum trust me.
I love mine except for how fast it fills. What brand did you get?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I use windsor,they aren't cheap but I still have everyone of them that I bought.

I have replaced some of the brush rollers and a few hoses,also a few cords (employees run over then...grrrr)
However I have not had to replace a single fan or motor and these things are 15-20 years old or more.

In the early days (35 years ago) I bought the cheapest vacs I could get my hands on as I didn't want to spend $500-$800
for a vacuum,but they pay for themselves in savings of time and money.

Having a vac break down when you are on a job is no laughing matter.You are stuck with running to the store and buying one to get the job completed.

If you can only squeeze out the money for one...do it! and then add as you can. Good equipment is worth the $$$'s

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have one? Recommendations? I am going to use it to final clean after the drywall finishers are done just ahead of the painters. I need to do the bottoms of the walls and all the electric outlets. I want something that will last and can be used with disposable bags. Unless there is a better system I don't know about.

Here is what I am looking at.
Rubbermaid Commercial 9VBH10 10 Quart HEPA Backpack Vacuum Cleaner, 8A Power, 11-1/2" Depth x 13" Width x 27-19/32" Height

Or this one maybe....
Hoover® Vacuum Cleaners; Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial Backpack Cleaning System

Sorry I am not able to use links yet.

If you know of something better please let me know.
I would go with a canister vacuum. Its a whole lot easier on your back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts