Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Mold can grow where the area is wet and which receives little sunlight. A basement is place where the moisture is relatively high, so it provides best suitable environment for the mold to grow. As the mold formation getting high it can become more and more hazardous for the human health. It is important to remove mold from the basement as soon as possible and to keep the basement dry to prevent any further mold formation. There are some steps mentioned below to remove mold from basement.

  1. Check out the basement and find out the sources of water which causes the moisture. These can range from leaking pipes, a washing machine, high humidity, or water seeping in through the floors or walls. Resolve the water problem that making your basement wet.
  2. Mold can also grow on the things like boxes, furniture, rugs or anything wooden. If you find any like these remove it from the basement.
  3. Scrape off visible mold with a spatula. Remember wear glows and mask when you are removing it. Place mold in heavy-duty garbage bags and remove these bags to the nearest exit.
  4. You can use a non-metallic spatula if mold has formed on wood paneling in order to avoid scratching the wood.
  5. After cleaning mold which is visible easily and can be cleaned now it’s the time to clean the things properly to prevent any further mold formation. Prepare a solution with chlorine bleach in water mixed with laundry detergent. You should add a cup of bleach and one-half of detergent for each gallon if the surface is of concrete. For the wood paneling it is preferred to try a weaker solution with very little amount of bleach and detergent.
  6. First apply on a small portion to evaluate if there is any adverse effect. Apply this with sponge or spray.
  7. Now with a sponge or brush scrub the mold. Do not use brush for the wood paneling.
  8. Clean the area with water once and evaluate if it needs further treatment or not. If needed then again apply the solution and make it clean.
  9. Dry out the area properly. You can use rag or fan for that. Make the arrangement of proper ventilation so the area dried out properly.
  10. Check the basement area frequently to prevent the future mold formation. Apply proper treatment time to time and maintain the place dry.
They re really great mold removal ideas, I mostly use bleach to remove mold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
The commercial cleaning services in Franklin offer services like emptying the wastepaper basket, mopping and cleaning the floors, vacuuming the carpets, spot cleaning if needed, cleaning windows, cleaning of the washrooms and polishing furniture if required. Commercial cleaning services

1. First apply on a small portion to evaluate if there is any adverse effect. Apply this with sponge or spray.

2. Now with a sponge or brush scrub the mold. Do not use brush for the wood paneling.

3. Clean the area with water once and evaluate if it needs further treatment or not. If needed then again apply the solution and make it clean.

4. Dry out the area properly. You can use rag or fan for that. Make the arrangement of proper ventilation so the area dried out properly.

Franklin, Massachusetts (USA)
Phone No.- 508-446-3144
http://www.jeanannecleaningservices.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
My wife and I just discovered some mold in our home and need to get rid of it as soon as we can! We will be following your article to the letter, and will start by eliminating the source of the moisture, and then get a professional in to make sure that everything is okay. This is really important to us too, since we have smaller children in our home with us.

I really enjoyed reading your post and the images that you have used are too good. Like you list, I need to do this in my home. I think one of the hardest things to do is pull out mold, mildew and gunk from in between the tiles in the bathroom.

Love to hear more from you:yes::yes::yes::thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Well, I recommend to use chlorine bleach solution and water to get rid of it. This works very well and you will get definitely the best result. Always have a basement appropriately ventilated, it will prevent to stop the growth mold.
Actually, Chlorine bleach doesn't kill mold, it's a myth.

Up until Hurricane Katrina, FEMA was even passing out bleach to kill the mold... but guess what since then they've taken down any info saying it doesn't in fact kill it.

This is because of Oregon State University and a few other Universities doing studies and finding that bleach in fact doesn't kill all mold.

There are a few products on the market that do kill mold, ones I use are Biocide and VitalOxide, but it all depend son the type of mold you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Mold can be harmful. There are many ways to get rid of it which use everyday household products that you probably already have. To begin with, you’ll need a scrub brush, rubber gloves to protect your hands and a spray bottle. You can use products like bleach, borax, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, etc. Spray or apply it to the mold. Wait for 10-15 minutes and wipe with a rag or scrub appropriately. However, if the mold spread over a larger area, it's always better to call in a professional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Basement Wall Sealer

Basement Wall Sealers Will Serve Well to Inhibit Mold or Black Mold Growth: Basement wall sealers can be a fantastic way to prevent and fix leaks that have occurred in your basement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Mold can grow where the area is wet and which receives little sunlight. A basement is place where the moisture is relatively high, so it provides best suitable environment for the mold to grow. As the mold formation getting high it can become more and more hazardous for the human health. It is important to remove mold from the basement as soon as possible and to keep the basement dry to prevent any further mold formation. There are some steps mentioned below to remove mold from basement.

  1. Check out the basement and find out the sources of water which causes the moisture. These can range from leaking pipes, a washing machine, high humidity, or water seeping in through the floors or walls. Resolve the water problem that making your basement wet.
  2. Mold can also grow on the things like boxes, furniture, rugs or anything wooden. If you find any like these remove it from the basement.
  3. Scrape off visible mold with a spatula. Remember wear glows and mask when you are removing it. Place mold in heavy-duty garbage bags and remove these bags to the nearest exit.
  4. You can use a non-metallic spatula if mold has formed on wood paneling in order to avoid scratching the wood.
  5. After cleaning mold which is visible easily and can be cleaned now it’s the time to clean the things properly to prevent any further mold formation. Prepare a solution with chlorine bleach in water mixed with laundry detergent. You should add a cup of bleach and one-half of detergent for each gallon if the surface is of concrete. For the wood paneling it is preferred to try a weaker solution with very little amount of bleach and detergent.
  6. First apply on a small portion to evaluate if there is any adverse effect. Apply this with sponge or spray.
  7. Now with a sponge or brush scrub the mold. Do not use brush for the wood paneling.
  8. Clean the area with water once and evaluate if it needs further treatment or not. If needed then again apply the solution and make it clean.
  9. Dry out the area properly. You can use rag or fan for that. Make the arrangement of proper ventilation so the area dried out properly.
  10. Check the basement area frequently to prevent the future mold formation. Apply proper treatment time to time and maintain the place dry.
There are many reasons for mold in the basement, including flooding and moisture damage. If your house is in an area that experiences much rain, then it may be at risk for developing mold. So regularly testing and controlling the humidity of your basement will help to prevent mold from growing. And its always better to contact a professional mold testing company to check the level of mold for you.

As time passes, mold can grow and adapt, so it is important to test for it often. But if left untreated long enough, it can risk negatively affecting your home or business in a variety of ways. Mold has been linked to respiratory illness, allergic reactions and even death in some cases. So make sure you don't wait when it comes to mold!
 
41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Top