Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up two seperate jobs this week totaling $1100. Customers looked for a pressure washer on the BBB site. No compete bids. I love it. The BBB site lists members and puts out a Consumer guide with a directory of members in it. Also my website is linked. If you haven't looked into it yet, check it out. I don't know how well it works in very Large cities. We are only 260,000 population. I am 1 of 4 power washers that are members in eastern KY. Only 2 in Lexington. Just wanted to share that it has been a plus for me and worth the $370 year.

Oh and it certainly looks good having that BBB symbol on truck, biz cards, flyers, invoices, estimates etc...

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am not a member but I have been curious about it. I was speaking with someone yesterday about the PWNA and that person called their membership dues "logo rental". How true. I think the BBB logo has far more credibility and, as you have obviously proved Mike, provides more immediate dividends against your investment.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I like about BBB vs. Something like Chamber of Commerce or PWNA is that if you get complaints and don't deal with them in a Professional Manner, you get marks for all the public to see and your Membership is no longer in "good standing" We had a local here that was a member of PWNA (don't think there are any here now) but there was nothing holding them accountabe for the "standards" that supposedly the PWNA stood for. Hiring illegals to gain and unfair edge to lower bids doesn't seem Pro to me but that PWNA logo was still in a customers face and they thought that the company was Professional.

I agree, Logo rental. Our Chamber of Commerce here calls each year trying to get me to join and I ask the same question. "Do you promote the use of services amongst the other members?" I explain that it would be worth the Rental of thier logo if I felt I'd at least secure work from the other members. Answer is always "You get a bumper sticker and can use the logo." :unsure:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Maybe if PWNA was a household name........ :whistling2:
This is the real issue with industry associations. They are good for networking but customers don't care. I belonged to the PDCA and it was the same deal... it made not difference to customers at all.

On the other hand I think the BBB pays for itself even though I do agree that it is a logo rental fee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts