Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new vacuum and I am looking for vacuum advice, if you have it.

I have always had Electrolux canister vacs and my current one is on its last legs. I am looking for something NEW that cleans like the old Electrolux vacs did. With excellent suction power, separate attachments for bare floors, carpet, furniture. Also something with a long warranty and built like a tank (i.e., limited plastics).

Looking at the high-end canister vacuums out there now, I suppose my choices are Sebo, Miele, Simplicity, Riccar. Does anyone have any experience with these brands? Seems like Riccar with its horse hair brushes is the most similar to the Electro, but Riccar seems to have supply issues, which concerns me. Miele is very plastic-y. Dunno bout the others.

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
229 Posts
cochitin
I have a Sebo S12 and it's knock off brand Windsor..both are upright vacuums. I still use the Sebo after 10 years, it's been to the shop a few times for repairs. Get the filters & bags from Amazon. Sebo is all plastic and so is the Windsor but both have held up well. The only part that broke was the plastic piece under the brush and some cracks around the area where the handle connects to the body.
Can't help with the canister vacs, my wife has a miele which is canister like, has a power head which clogs and the auto cord rewind breaks often. Meile is all plastic.
Brad BD Janitorial
PS I would search youtube.com for reviews & repair videos for any brand you purchase or are considering

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for providing wonderful article. A canister vacuum is a good option for cleaning a big house. It is also important for multiple floors. Routine vacuuming with a high quality vacuum cleaner is the most important thing you can do to maintain the beauty of your rug.Keep sharing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This one is the one you should check it out since can do more than regular canister.

shark-ionflex-cordless-vacuum-www.getionflex.com

Dual vacuuming floors and carpets and can be upright and has attachments but the best thing for me: cordless

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I pay attention to the compactness and availability of sealed HEPA Filter when choosing a canister vacuum cleaner. I really like compact models of Prolux TerraVac. What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Dyson Ball Multi floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the Best Canister Vacuum made by Dyson. It’s a spectacular dustbuster that has embraced Dyson’s ball technology that targets a better maneuverability. This is the best canister vacuum for individuals who have wished to own a canister model powered by ball technology.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Canister vacuums are extraordinary for cleaning hard floors, window ornaments, upholstery, and even carports. These lightweight machines are anything but difficult to bring with you anyplace. I use Kenmore Elite 81714 Pet Friendly Canister Vacuum and the capacity to clean both hard and delicate floors make dry canister vacs an adaptable instrument to clean your office. Canister vacuums make a preferred showing on uncovered floors over upstanding or stick vacuums since they're more averse to scatter residue and garbage while vacuuming it up and it includes a brush on/off switch, which limits the dispersal of earth and ensures the completion on hardwood floors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts