Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a new vacuum and I am looking for vacuum advice, if you have it.

I have always had Electrolux canister vacs and my current one is on its last legs. I am looking for something NEW that cleans like the old Electrolux vacs did. With excellent suction power, separate attachments for bare floors, carpet, furniture. Also something with a long warranty and built like a tank (i.e., limited plastics).

Looking at the high-end canister vacuums out there now, I suppose my choices are Sebo, Miele, Simplicity, Riccar. Does anyone have any experience with these brands? Seems like Riccar with its horse hair brushes is the most similar to the Electro, but Riccar seems to have supply issues, which concerns me. Miele is very plastic-y. Dunno bout the others.

Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Registered
293 Posts
cochitin
I have a Sebo S12 and it's knock off brand Windsor..both are upright vacuums. I still use the Sebo after 10 years, it's been to the shop a few times for repairs. Get the filters & bags from Amazon. Sebo is all plastic and so is the Windsor but both have held up well. The only part that broke was the plastic piece under the brush and some cracks around the area where the handle connects to the body.
Can't help with the canister vacs, my wife has a miele which is canister like, has a power head which clogs and the auto cord rewind breaks often. Meile is all plastic.
Brad BD Janitorial
PS I would search youtube.com for reviews & repair videos for any brand you purchase or are considering

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Dyson Ball Multi floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the Best Canister Vacuum made by Dyson. It’s a spectacular dustbuster that has embraced Dyson’s ball technology that targets a better maneuverability. This is the best canister vacuum for individuals who have wished to own a canister model powered by ball technology.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Canister vacuums are extraordinary for cleaning hard floors, window ornaments, upholstery, and even carports. These lightweight machines are anything but difficult to bring with you anyplace. I use Kenmore Elite 81714 Pet Friendly Canister Vacuum and the capacity to clean both hard and delicate floors make dry canister vacs an adaptable instrument to clean your office. Canister vacuums make a preferred showing on uncovered floors over upstanding or stick vacuums since they're more averse to scatter residue and garbage while vacuuming it up and it includes a brush on/off switch, which limits the dispersal of earth and ensures the completion on hardwood floors.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just bought a Sanitaire Professional canister vac. It weighs 10 lbs and has pretty good suction. What i liked about this vac, it has shoulder strap connections (the shoulder strap is an additional purchase) so I can vac stairs. I swapped out the 12" floor tools for 14" floor tools and bought an extra hose which I will cut down to use when using the shoulder strap.
When using the vac w/shoulder strap the hose is too long -my opinion-Amazon Business had it for 126.00
Reading thru the comments, 1 user bought 10 of this model for his cleaning crew and made the comment that the Professional Model was a better quality than the standard model.
I was also considering the Mercury Vacuum which also makes cannister vacuums and appear to be better quality and offer more suction but are also higher in price.
Brad BD Janitorial

1 - 12 of 12 Posts