Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Best small buildings for a new commercial cleaning business?

849 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  addambranden 
#1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon, I am currently in the process of filing my LLC and getting the required certifications in order to start my own commercial cleaning and residential carpet cleaning business. Because I have zero experience and either industry I plan on tackling jobs for maybe the first 6 months to a year by myself before I decide on hiring employees. I'm looking to gain more experience so it makes it easier to train other employees before I have them certified. For my carpet cleaning business as I stated earlier I plan on doing residential for the time being until I gain more experience before I start tackling commercial properties. As far as my commercial cleaning, I'm not sure what buildings would be appropriate for a single person to clean in order to gain experience. I've heard daycares, gym's, doctor's offices, and other offices would be recommended. For a new commercial cleaning business and for me to gain experience, what type of commercial businesses would you recommend that I can start off on in order to start gaining experience? Again I'm looking to hire people within the first 6 months to a year as I plan on doing both of these full-time but I'm just not sure what commercial businesses would be a good start for somebody like me

#7 ·
When starting a new commercial cleaning business, selecting the right types of buildings to target can significantly impact your success. Focus on small to medium-sized office spaces, medical clinics, and retail establishments. These types of buildings often have consistent foot traffic and require regular cleaning to maintain a professional and hygienic environment. Offices with shared spaces and workstations benefit from routine cleaning to ensure a tidy workspace for employees and clients. Medical clinics demand high standards of cleanliness to adhere to health and safety regulations, making them a lucrative option. Retail stores, especially boutiques and shops, also rely on cleanliness to enhance the shopping experience. By concentrating on these small-scale commercial spaces, you can establish a strong foundation for your cleaning business and build lasting relationships with clients.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.