Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi my name is Adam, I've been doing research about what kind of business to start for a while and have decided to start a cleaning business. I'm curious how you guys got started with your business? What would you do over again if you could do it differently? What's the best way to start off, work alone, hire an employee , or hire a sub contractor?

Would you suggest starting a house cleaning maid service or commercial or industrial cleaning company? Which has the better chance for success and which is more profitable?

Would you suggest once established to add on additional services?

What services are most profitable in the cleaning business for you?

Maid service?
Commercial cleaning accounts?
Window cleaning?
Lawn service?
Tile and grout cleaning?
Roof cleaning?
Floor and carpet cleaning?
Auto cleaning?
Pressure washing?
Construction cleanup?
Forclosure cleanup service?
Air duct cleaning?
Dryer Vent cleaning?
Blinds cleaning?
After event cleanup?
Junk removal?
Water damage, fire, mold restoration?
Any other profitable add on you can suggest?

Do you think starting a cleaning business in a larger city such as Houston or LA would have a better chance at being profitable than starting one in a smaller city such as Raleigh or Richmond?

Or would starting a cleaning business in another country such as the UK or Australia be even more profitable?

What books, dvds, websites, forums, training courses, certifications would you suggest or have helped you along in your career/business?

Have any of you thought about branching out operations into other cities or countries and growing your company like this? What's the best way to go about doing something like this, franchise or start an individual shop in each location?

Would you suggest starting a business from scratch, buying a small existing business and making it more profitable, or buying into a franchise operation?

Would you suggest going at this business startup alone or partnering up?

I really appreciate any and all advice you can give me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The most profitable accounts/jobs are commercial cleaning of common areas at multi-residential buildings. Also, carpet cleaning is extremely profitable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
nice thread... My friend was also going to start a new cleaning business... Maybe this could help him too... thanks everyone for sharing....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Instead of thinking about what is the most profitable part of cleaning, think about what YOU enjoy doing. IMO, one has to enjoy their work to do a great job...and when you do a great job, it will be profitable.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sbrodk, I second to what you suggest. Yes, carpet cleaning is extremely profitable business. One of the best benefits of Hiring professionals do to this job is the fact that it allows for cleaning to go without interrupting the core business of your company or organization.With over 25 years of experience in commercial cleaning, I would say that professional commercial cleaners can cater you the quality service you deserve as they’re educated on cleaning. Experienced commercial cleaners have in modern times become reasonable and charge modestly for the office cleaning services that they deliver. More Commercial Cleaners Are Going Green. We are leading commercial cleaning service provider in Irvine, California. We are one of the best commercial cleaners in our region. Our rates are reasonable and our work is widely acknowledged.Nice sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Set yourself apart from the competition! Before getting hired for the job, when someone is interested in your services, schedule a time to meet with them at the location you will be cleaning. Provide your credentials, let them get to know you, and ask questions to get to know them... what are their likes, dislikes and expectations from a cleaning company? Do a walk through of the area you will be cleaning and highlight areas that you know your services will have a major impact on. Wow them so they are so comfortable with you and your services, that they will look no further.

If you need advice on cleaning, or cleaning equipment, please visit our website.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Service marketplaces seem to be a great place to start. You can find new business in the janitorial industry on Thumbtack and Mopstik. These Mopstik guys are new and only do janitorial so check them out for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Adam, I do a lot of research on businesses at a local and county area. The service that would be most popular/ most profitable would depend on the area you choose to be in. It depends on things like competition, what is most needed in that area, etc. If you have any questions, feel free to message me personally.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Instead of thinking about what is the most profitable part of cleaning, think about what YOU enjoy doing. IMO, one has to enjoy their work to do a great job...and when you do a great job, it will be profitable.
totally agreed with this post! it has to be what you enjoyed doing! not because you are force to do them..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Adam! Great to find out about you are keen on beginning a cleaning business. I might want to impart my insight with respect to the cleaning services business. People are busy with their different exercises and they don't have time to clean their house, in my opinion, if you start giving commercial cleaning services, maid service, you will make a benefit a ton. Don't be panic, dare to start this business. You will make a profit since this turns into the resident's need these days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to decide what kind of cleaning service you want to provide. The important thing is to make sure your personal cleaning standards meet the expectations of paying customers the best way to do that is tackling a job for someone else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts