Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think is the best way to clean stains out of carpets? What type of chemicals do you use? I've heard that quite a lot of products leave chemicals behind in your carpet :unsure:

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello
thank you for sharing

Dry Cleaning Carpet

There are several variations of this method. It's worth noting that none of these involves rinsing your carpet when finished. One uses a foam that dries in your carpet and is then vacuumed up. It is debatable whether all the residue can be extracted.
Another variation uses a large cotton bonnet that spins. This is supposed to absorb the dirt in your carpet. Obviously, there are some questions as to how deeply this method can clean your carpet.
Finally, there is a compound that looks like wet sawdust. A machine brushes this into your carpet, where the dirt adheres to it. When it is dry, it is vacuumed out.
The primary reason these methods are used may be that the equipment needed costs thousands of dollars less than hot-water extraction equipment.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The best way to avoid destroying your carpet or upholstery is to call to cleaning company. They know best how to deal with the problem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's an excellent way to pick up a greasy spill on your carpet: Sprinkle it with a li*ttle cornmeal and allow it to sit for five minutes. Next, sponge the area with vinegar and water. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sarahj,

The alternative to Kens advice is to attend a few basic carpet cleaning courses, some spot and stain removal courses, equip yourself with a range of products, then spend hours practising on old carpet pieces.
This is the good method if you need to do this on regular basics however if you need to do such cleaning only a few times yearly it is better to hire a professional because it will cost you less and they can deliver you quality job. Taking such courses can take long time however if you will use it often it worth because you can save a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hello
thank you for sharing

Dry Cleaning Carpet

There are several variations of this method. It's worth noting that none of these involves rinsing your carpet when finished. One uses a foam that dries in your carpet and is then vacuumed up. It is debatable whether all the residue can be extracted.
Another variation uses a large cotton bonnet that spins. This is supposed to absorb the dirt in your carpet. Obviously, there are some questions as to how deeply this method can clean your carpet.
Finally, there is a compound that looks like wet sawdust. A machine brushes this into your carpet, where the dirt adheres to it. When it is dry, it is vacuumed out.
The primary reason these methods are used may be that the equipment needed costs thousands of dollars less than hot-water extraction equipment.
You are right, the idea you have express is really helpful for any people to easily clean a carpet and make it beautiful. With your tips any one can make his carpet awesome and nice one.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The job of cleaning the stains when left for a long time must be done by a professional as they know how to perfectly do it by not causing any harm to the carpet. The stains which are fresh and can be made dim by just wiping with cloth dipped in water should be done by us, avoiding use of any cleansing agent or chemical.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think commercial product gives a maximum result, In the mostly cases types of carper plays some significant role to remove stain. If you want to discover a best product then you talk with your carpet vendor and take a good tips or take a manual which is really very helps to find a proper cleaners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When using detergents on carpets many a times the carpet is harmed because of the caustic content in them. To avoid spoiling my carpet I use shampoos to remove stains from the carpet. But if its not removed I call a professional.

·
Registered
53 Posts
In my personal view in this subject usually use the spray version and it is the best and ideal cleaning product and gives the maximum result to remove old stain on the carpet. The best thing about this cleaning product easier to work the spray into the carpet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There is no need to call cleaning company every time you see stain on your carpet. You can try vinegar as JoanLee said. If this doens't work try backing soda. Cover the stain with backing soda and scrub with towel. vinegar and backing soda are natural products they can't harm your carpet

Very nice and natural advice! I also will try that the next time.
And yes this will definitely not leave any chemical behind!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree the more natural and "green" way is a better alternative. However they do sell stain removers and certain chemicals for pet stains and heavier staining. I would say it is up to you if you choose a professional but remember professional carpet cleaners have equipment that are made for spot cleaning a carpet. If you aren't careful or your carpet is significantly worn or damaged you might clean a certain area so well that the rest of the carpeting might in fact look dirty. If hiring a professional - they would probably choose to treat the stain and then go over the whole room with an extractor. This way you would have a uniform looking result. Hope this advice helps!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts