Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

signed up tonight because I have an issue that I ran into today, hope that I can get some good advice.

I had a contractor working on my Patio today, using the Power Washer to clean out the joints to reapply Polymeric sand.

After he left I saw that they damaged my brick wall with the power washer. Several lines from a high power nozzel which damaged the face of the brick as well as the mortar lines. When I called to discuss the issue the contractor admitted his guy messed up and sprayed the wall. The solution offered was to have an experienced power wash contractor come and use a surface cleaner on the wall to make the rest match the damage.

This seems like a bad idea to me, what are my options here? should I let someone "with 30 years experience pressure washing" try to take more off my wall? I also don't love the idea of more red bricks, as this will surely cause.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pressure washing lines in brick or block

That's a real tough one, as almost anything you do is gonna' make it worse. We occasionally run into different kinds of block when doing graffiti removal or commercial power washing, or if the block is soft or if we're getting a little too aggressive with our wand, these kinds of things happen. We're always careful to never let it get so bad that we have to fix a big area like yours. Depending on the porosity, you can try using a wire brush to see if you could feather some of those lines out a bit. Another idea would be to actually try to feather them out with MORE pressurized water blasting, but NOT by pressure washing or power washing, but with an airless paint rig and a small tip. The small tip and significantly lower water volume might allow you to use the water pressure to make the block areas adjacent to the dramatic lines blend it in a bit. .....just an idea. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,

signed up tonight because I have an issue that I ran into today, hope that I can get some good advice.

I had a contractor working on my Patio today, using the Power Washer to clean out the joints to reapply Polymeric sand.

After he left I saw that they damaged my brick wall with the power washer. Several lines from a high power nozzel which damaged the face of the brick as well as the mortar lines. When I called to discuss the issue the contractor admitted his guy messed up and sprayed the wall. The solution offered was to have an experienced power wash contractor come and use a surface cleaner on the wall to make the rest match the damage.

This seems like a bad idea to me, what are my options here? should I let someone "with 30 years experience pressure washing" try to take more off my wall? I also don't love the idea of more red bricks, as this will surely cause.

Thank you in advance for any advice!
This article may help you Can You Add A Door To A Brick Wall?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts