Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have been in business now for about 3 years and my husband raised a good question today. First of all, I never read over my policy and was under the assumption that regardless if I cleaned without a contract that I would be covered. He mentioned waivers, and contracts and that I needed to read my policy. What I am asking is it true I must work under contracts before the insurance will cover me. I could call my insurance agent and ask but checking here first for some feedback.

Also, I am a sole proprietor and since he brought up all this I am thinking of becoming incorporated to protect my assets with or without contracts and or waivers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim
Amazing Results
Cleaning Service

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really think that business insurance is much needed for every entrepreneur. Business insurance has been designed with sole traders, self employed people and small businesses in mind. So, it's like must have for our business specially for small business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have been in business now for about 3 years and my husband raised a good question today. First of all, I never read over my policy and was under the assumption that regardless if I cleaned without a contract that I would be covered. He mentioned waivers, and contracts and that I needed to read my policy. What I am asking is it true I must work under contracts before the insurance will cover me. I could call my general liability insurance agent and ask but checking here first for some feedback.

Also, I am a sole proprietor and since he brought up all this I am thinking of becoming incorporated to protect my assets with or without contracts and or waivers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kim
Amazing Results
Cleaning Service
I agree with the person above, it's a must to have business insurance in your profile, you'll need liability insurance according to your business which will cover all small things related to your business, I have also started cleaning business recently and i have bought small business liability insurance to be on safe side

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you are just getting started for business insurance you can use these new cool insurance apps. I stared by using an app called Thimble for my carpet cleaning business. For my pressure washing business I use a broker but for the amount of carpet I have been cleaning it is acceptable for now. Checkout thimble app!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2 M Dollar general business/liability policy from Liberty Mutual Business Insurance it's also like 30 pages. Never had to file a claim but like car insurance it's nice to have for that accident when it happens.
reminds me of that movie where Kathy Bates--the actress, rams a car in a grocery store lot and tells the car's owner " I'm older and have more insurance than you'
Brad BD Janitorial

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree. It's crucial to get business insurance to protect your assets, both business and personal. I don't know where you live or where your business is located, but it's pretty much the law in most countries to provide particular types of insurance if you have employers. I don't exactly know how it works with businesses that don't have any employees, but I personally have workers' compensation insurance in place. Also, you can risk getting director disqualification. A friend of mine who didn't have business insurance for about two years got it. Luckily, she found ndandp.co.uk, and the guys over there helped her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts