Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had been in the carpet cleaning business for almost 40 years. I see a lot of new companies want to throw money at internet advertising and expect quick results. Doesnt work that way. I could write a book on the subject but your best bet is to go to Truckmountforums.com and scan the threads on marketing there.

good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
For our residential cleaning business, never bothered with Google ads so I don't have much to say about it. We have done Facebook and that was with great success - it was the thing that truly brought in a lot of business. Not only that, we found local groups and posted where allowed or if someone asked for a housekeeper/cleaning service, we'd respond to their post. We tried craigslist since it was cheap - $5 per ad, runs about a few weeks or a month or something like that, but we only got one person the first time we posted the ad and that works, but the second time we posted the ad, no one contacted us so we don't bother with it.

We have friends that do a carpet cleaning business and they have had it a long time (years before Facebook or Google ads) and they still do really well. Back then they found word of mouth and handing out business cards was efficient enough for them. Considering how many years they've been in business and they still are doing well in our area without paying for all that advertising, it has worked for them. We also live in a smaller city, not a huge one so word of mouth can be everything.

Hope some of this helps :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I rank no 1 in my city on Google in the little map at the top (gutter rather than carpet cleaning) and the leads tend to just roll in. It takes some time for this to happen though and tbh there are so many snake oil people selling the idea of being in Google. I learned how to do it myself, it’s quite some work though.

Adwords is kinda the same, it’s oh so easy to throw cash away if you don’t understand how it works. IMHO your best bet might be to learn how things work and only then begin a campaign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts