Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my little gaint is leaking. Can you clean carpet using cold water and get good results? I have jobs lined up and was wondering if I need to put them off until I get it fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, you can.

Here are the keys:

1. Pre-treat and let agent dwell time.

2. The rest of the results will depend upon your machine efficiency.

Don't worry, stay focused and solve your problem as you go.

Good Fortune;
Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I first started cleaning carpets we used hot tap water only. Let your prespray dwell a little longer and agitate more agressively. You won't have a problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Definitely get a bucket heater or turn up clients hot water heater full while your using there water. Hot water does help to clean faster and more thoroughly however, if you pre treat properly, agitate you will be just fine. I had this happen when my company carpet cleaning Tampa first started out and these were the steps I took.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am totally agree with Mcatt. I never tried to clean the carpet through cold water, if you want to try then might be you can use some carpet cleaner to wash them clean. But, I would prefer to choose hot water to clean the carpet, It can easily remove stains and after washing through hot water it looks like new fresh one carpet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts