Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m finally out of my contract and I’m looking around at all the different carriers out there. What cell phone provider do you have and how would you rate their service?

Also, what phone do you have?
Is anyone using a Treo or Blackberry where you can get Email on your phone? Data Plans?

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm with Verizon and been pretty happy with the service for the last 5 years.I have the LG 8100 it's a good phone

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Verizon must have one of the best Networks.

Right now I'm with Sprint and it's been ok but I just want to look around while I have the chance.

·
353 Posts
My contract with Nextel has been up for a while, but I'm not sure whether I'll stay with them or move on.

My wife just bought the 'Chocolate', made by LG. So far, she's happy with Verizon. Her BT ear piece sounds terrible though. When she calls on her way home, I can't hear much of anything other than static.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Been with Nextel for going on 7 years. Got 4 phones. The current phone I have now is the i580 military spec phone. Dust and rain proof. Got a 1.8 mp camera and a SD card slot for transferring pics/video. Bluetooth. MP3 capable etc. The Telenav is cool GPS guided directions.

I have yet to find any other service that will allow me to use the kind of minutes I do and stay within monthly budget. The unlimited free incoming minutes allows you to place your number on all forms of advertising without worrying about going over minutes. Also, direct connect with a majority of the contractors. Seems that Nextel has the contractor market tied down.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had cingular for years, I have tried others but have always gone back to them.
My phone isnt fancy, but then again Im not either:thumbsup: Right T? LOL...

Shoot if I had anything other than what I have now I would be lost :no:

·
Registered
16 Posts
LOL,, you know how many time I have dropped mine in a bucket of water? All you have to do is take it apart and let it dry out for about 24 hours......

·
Registered
513 Posts
Didn't work in this case. It sizzled for a few seconds and then died.
I let it dry for a couple of days but couldn't get it rockin' again.

Maybe I banged it on the way down. I sure took a nice strip out of my knee and shin. And then the homeowner came out and pointed and laughed at me hysterically.

I wanted to tell her, "Look, lady, I may be wet and bleeding because your 15 million little dogs distracted me but when I dry off and stop bleeding you'll still be a dwarf. So who's gonna laugh tomorrow?"

But, I'm cursed with niceness.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I question how Nextel will do over the next year or two. Since they have been purchased to Sprint they are bringing over all the voice traffic to their network and I think that could lead to problems.
I think they may even force phone upgrades down the line to since NEXTEL uses a different technology.

Cingular has the best phones, Verizon has the best network... and Nextel has Direct Connect.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Still thinking...

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
The only problem I had with Verizon was in cancelling their service. They mistakenly only turned off 2 of 3 phones on our plan then for some reason started a new 2 year contact on the 3rd line, by the time I caught it, (with the next bill) I ended up with a lengthy battle as to how and why they could "mistakenly" sign a 14 year old (my son) up for a 2 year contract without his knowledge or consent.:blink: They said that because my son answered 2 incoming calls after I had turned off the service (and they forgot to turn his phone off my mistake) that the contract automatically renewed.:censored:

We ended up having to appeal to the utilities commission to correct the matter, and finally got it all cleared up. But I have to say that it was an un-necessary hassle to have to deal with.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really hate all these companies and their contracts. DirecTV now requires a contract for any of their services with new equipment and I'm going to get cable because of it. I just can't stand to be locked into anything.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I have long questioned why the public allows these big companies to force them into contracts beyond the first one,especially when you are a long term customer.

Any other industry would reward their long term customers with perks. Instead the cell phone companies tries to insist that you get a new contract each time you upgrade your phone to a newer model. I have had to hunt high and low to find dealers who would sell me a new phone for full price rather than deal with starting a contract again for the "Luxury" of receiving the phone for a discounted price. I have been with my current carrier for 8 years now and I have purchased 2 phones out right to keep out of restarting a brand new contract. The first phone was rather easy to find; but I had to go to 6 of their locations in order to find one that would sell me the phone without a contract this last time, that is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.:mad:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I recently upgraded to the Nextel Military spec phone. I had to beg and plead to buy the phone without signing a new 2 year. I asked for "retention Department" and stated how I have been a Nextel customer for going on 7 years and wanted to be treated as well, if not better, than a new customer getting free phones and such. They ended up selling me the new phone for half retail and less than a new customer without re-signing for 2 years. We have 4 phones and always pay on time, so I believe we deserve an upgrade every now and then.

http://www.getnextelnow.com/Shop/GetImage.aspx?id=646&imagetype=PHONE&imageSize=LARGE

·
Registered
17 Posts
T mobile with out a question the best I have had. I used to have Sprint att verizon and none are as good in my opinion. tmobile has always been fast to help if i had a Question I get a free phone every year to sign a new agreement. If I have a problem with a phone they send me a new one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I could transplant my name onto TPeterson's post in regards to Verizon. Great coverage, worst customer service/legal/etc. Their mistake cost me nearly a thousand dollars, so I'll never go back to them.

Was with Sprint forever, nice cheap plans. HORRIBLE customer service. I was just dealing w/ a customer of mine from VA who bought a second home in my area.....he is way up w/ Nextel. He said it was about the greatest company he'd ever seen until it joined forces w/ Sprint. Said Sprint is like a fungus. He said all the wonderful things about Nextel wouldn't rub onto Sprint, it was working the other way around. So he cashed in and retired.

Been w/ Cingular for two years, and has been the best cell experience I've ever had. Very good customer service. I mean, surprisingly good. I never thought the 'rollover minutes' thing was that big of a deal, but right now I'm at 6,000 extra minutes which allows me to talk without worry. Plus, they have Motorola phones which I love, though the current ones I don't like (too skinny/Razr's). Thinking about getting a Blackberry 8700 tomorrow. ...So I've got three phones, taxes and all, $115.00 a month. Not shabby IMO. My parents, sibs, etc. have Cingular as well, so phonetophone saves tons of minutes, plus all workers have Cingular.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts