Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pros & cons. I need to know if anyone has used or has purchased a CFR unit, and what they think of it. I'm about to buy one in two wks.
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've never used a self contained extractor. My Powr-Flite upright is about a year old and works great so far.Powr-flite isn't the best made in my opinion but i got it at a good price. It's the 200 CFM model with 2000 watt heater. I have just finished 10,000 sq/ft. job Commercial glue down.It's a little hard on the back using a wand on large areas.
The only thing I have thought about in the past with self contained is the flexability of the machine vs. a wand. If your doing commercial you need to get under desks cubicles etc. Do you have another machine also? I can see the self contained being used on wide open areas.By the looks of it the CFR might be a better made machine than the Power-Flite. Hopefully you'll get more feedback.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never used a self contained extractor. My Powr-Flite upright is about a year old and works great so far.Powr-flite isn't the best made in my opinion but i got it at a good price. It's the 200 CFM model with 2000 watt heater. I have just finished 10,000 sq/ft. job Commercial glue down.It's a little hard on the back using a wand on large areas.
The only thing I have thought about in the past with self contained is the flexability of the machine vs. a wand. If your doing commercial you need to get under desks cubicles etc. Do you have another machine also? I can see the self contained being used on wide open areas.By the looks of it the CFR might be a better made machine than the Power-Flite. Hopefully you'll get more feedback.
Good Luck.
Thanks for your insight. I think I can hook a wand on this portable, if not I will buy one that will let me.
What first attracted me to CFR was the fact they were American made, then the price was great! Then again, I don't want to make a mistake and that is the reason for my post.
BTW, I like your website!
craig

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the comment on the website.
My portys specs. state 110 Lbs. The heater adds alot of weight.
I too try to look for American made products thats another reason I bought the Powr-Flite besides the price I got. Unfortunatlly it does not always work out that way. I use backpacks and love them for large commercial work. A real time saver. I also use uprights for smaller jobs. I currently have Windsor backpacks and Windsor versamatics. German Made. I think there still made in Germany. Not sure. Excellent vacuums! Both are 6 years old and never needed a repair for anything!!!
Check out Steam-Brite.com they have a huge selection of extractors and the lowest prices I found on the web. That's where I bought my Powr-Flite from about a year ago.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rotovac 360

I am about to purchase a rotovac 360cfx with all the bells n whistles has anyone used the machine any pros and cons
The 360 is great, the cfx, not so much. Cfx has inadequate vacuum power and if is just the CFX unit, no pump, so you are relying on the homes water pressure. You'd be better to buy a traditional portable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts