Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:unsure: Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with software to run a cleaning business ?

I am looking for a program that will schedule appointments, do invoicing, track customers etc. Just basic stuff to help run my business. I looked at software called "Operations" from pcom-software. Here's the website
HTML:
http://www.pcom-software.com
. The demo copy looked pretty slick but I wanted to see if anybody had good experiences with any other packages that I should consider before I buy it. Thanks !!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Who is or has tried service mountain?I have some reservations about an online program like this.Mostly security related.
I have looked the site over numerous times and it has some great feature.I'm just not sure I like the fact that someone other thna me can get to my customers info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who is or has tried service mountain?I have some reservations about an online program like this.Mostly security related.
I have looked the site over numerous times and it has some great feature.I'm just not sure I like the fact that someone other thna me can get to my customers info.
Scott and/or Angela,

The website has an SSL Certificate signed by Godaddy.com, for 256 bit encryption. To the best of my knowledge 256 bit encryption is the best encryption available and has never been cracked. You can view their certificate on the customer login page.
I believe I'm going to give it a try.

John W.
Superior Pressure Washing
Fayetteville, GA

·
Registered
96 Posts
John,
Coming from you I know that I'm good to go if or when I use service mountain.To date I have done all of the invoices,scheduling and stuff through multiple programs that are okay,bt I know there is better available without dropping a small fortune.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here's the link again. Keth typoed it. :)

http://www.servicemountain.com/

Thanks Michael. My fingers don't work so well sometimes.

As for ServiceMountain.com I don't have a problem with their security but I don't put my customers credit card info into their profile. Any system can be hacked and I am not worried about names and addresses but credit card numbers make me nervous.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://www.servicemountain.com/ is very interesting. I'm going to have to contact them and find out more info.

For those who have used them.... what do you think of their application?

Nathan,

I filled out the application and by the next day I had access (yesterday was my first day). Their interface looks very easy to navigate and to top it off, they have very good tutorials so far. I have not actually entered any relevant data yet, so I can't really tell you much more. As for the application itself, I don't really have a problem with it. I think they are more or less just curious as to who is using their web app. so they can tailor it for more catagories, etc.

John W.
Superior Pressure Washing
Fayetteville, GA

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I just don't understand how they are making money or how they will support themselves if they start growing.

Are their ads in the program? Do they have a privacy policy in place? Maybe they are selling your info or something...

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's my problem with this type of operation (nothing in life is Free). What are they doing with our info.? What happens with our info. if they go belly up? How do we retrive info if this happens? Nathan let us Know what you find out. sound almost to good. you Know what is said about what sounds to good to be true.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I got in contact with the guy and we are going to talk next week.
He said they do have a model to make money over time but never to charge a fee. That's about all I know so far.

Maybe advertising dollars?

One thing that stands out to me is they don't have a privacy policy posted on their website so they either forgot to add it or they are selling your info... that's my 2 cents anyways. Maybe I just missed it.

Example: Here is our Privacy Policy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Software

I am in the market for the same type of software. I am just in the research stage. Has anyone heard of ServiceCEO The price is $995. and $300. anual fee.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You know what... I need to dig up that email. He was at a conference and we said we would touch base the next week but I forgot.

Thanks for the reminder!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I am in the market for the same type of software. I am just in the research stage. Has anyone heard of ServiceCEO The price is $995. and $300. anual fee.
ServiceCEO was touted as the software to beat all software on another residential board ** until recently when just about every member who bought into it started to complain that the system was hard to work with. (**of Course ServiceCEO was a major contributer to the site)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
ServiceCEO was touted as the software to beat all software on another residential board ** until recently when just about every member who bought into it started to complain that the system was hard to work with. (**of Course ServiceCEO was a major contributer to the site)
Hmmmm, what site are you talking about? I would like to check it out.

ServiceCEO does buy advertising on my other site www.ContractorTalk.com (Disclaimer ;) ) but we NEVER censor what people can or cannot say about a product or service even if they are a sponsor. Actually that is the whole reason Service Magic will not advertise on ContractorTalk.com... because they have read the posts about them and I won't edit them. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts