Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you come to a deck cleaning job that has a mixture of painted wood and Trex what solution do you use for the job?
Also, have you had any problems with Trex during cleaning? Discolorations, etc...

·
Registered
256 Posts
If I strip and their is Trex mix then I just keep the trex wet to dilute the chemical. Now if I am just cleaning the trex, I just rinse the wood after the application. We usually just use bleach on trex followed by the after care product recommended by trex. I have never had a problem with discoloration of trex.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Actually I should mention that we do not powerwash the wood with PSI but just use the GPM of the machine to rinse. Trex looks nice when it is washed and then sealed with the after care product. Reminds me of armor all with a crayon smell.:sick:

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
More Trex cleaned and sealed. Notice the milky stuff is the sealer that is just put on and left too soak in.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Pretty damm cool Dave glad to see recycled plastic and sawdust being put to good use!

I personally like the look and feel of Choice composite decking rather than Trex.I have one composite deck i clean and stain every year with my Gray Away Brown tone.It looks just like they do when first installed.I also only clean with bleach/soap on my composite jobs.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Dave is a pretty good guy.....Even if he is a yankee! ;) :D

Yeah he is a pretty good guy huh Don and i bet he's hogging all the sanding sponges up North raisung the prices here in the south!

Here are some more views of the composite with PT gazeebo.I actually have been treating this job every 2 yrs not every year.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wow, great pictures, guys!!!

Thanks Cole :thumbsup:

That's one thing i have tons of and that is pictures of my work.:cool:

I take pics of everything i work on and mostly all bids even tho i don't get the job.I still have a pic of the job if i get a call back at a later time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HELP - Composite Deck

I just received a call from a builder who I do work for all the time. He asked me to clean a composite deck (newly installed) said there is dirt and grime on it. I do not know what brand it is and neither does he (contractor who installed disappeared). After researching composite decking, I was thinking about using a mild detergent and a brush or rotary scrubber. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Composite Deck Clean

The composite decking to be cleaned was on the floor of an enclosed sunroom/florida room. Sweep it and then scrubbed it with a mild detergent. Came out beautifull... for the most part. Someone dropped stain on the decking (grey decking) and it now has a few dark spots from walnut stain on it. The manufacturer is GeoDeck... I called them for tech support... (wanted to follow their recommendation so their is no breach of warranty) and I am still waiting for a return call. Any suggestions on the dark spots of stain?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Composite Deck Update

Thanks for the info WoodSaver... went back to the site with chemicals in hand, to find that the painter who droped the stain tried to "sand" it out like you would a wood deck! Really looks horrible now! Needless to say, I am out of the loop now. His liability, not mine (thank goodness).
Many Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts