Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On commercial cleaning why is the price per square foot such a wide range? I live in Charlotte N.C. people on here are saying larger buildings .07 all the way to .15 a square foot. Thats a jump. :mad:

·
Registered
30 Posts
My guess is Supply and Demand. I know where I live that prices fluctuate all over the board. It's the same when selling vacuums and parts, there is a huge fluctuation for the exact same product. I speculate as companies get busier, they raise their prices for each new customer that they pick up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Larger jobs or those that require more specialized cleaning usually charged anywhere from 5 cents - 55 cents per square foot. Most companies charge separately for labor-intensive special services such as stripping and waxing floors 25 cents - 50 cents a square foot), carpet cleaning ($20 -$40 an hour), and cleaning microwaves or refrigerators ($10 -$35 per appliance). Generally the larger the office, the lower the cost per square foot. Basic nightly janitorial service for a 20,000-square-foot office in a major city can run 5 cents - 10 cents per square foot or $2,000 -$4,000 a month. Similar service for a typical 6-room, 2,000-square-foot office with a bathroom and a kitchenette in a less urban area might cost 10 cents - 55 cents per square foot or around $800 -$2,000 a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
price/bid

I guess i should bid in the middle of the numbers. The best way seems to figure how many hours to clean how many people and what i want an hour. In charlotte nc the hour rate is $35.00 to $40.00 an hour. I pay my employees $10.00 an hour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
how many hours 20,000 sq.foot

How many hours and how many people do think it would take to clean 20,000 sq.foot nice clean office building a night. in charlotte nc? I think i would charge 2,400.00 a month. but again how many employees and how long? Come on you veterans fair answer. :whistling2:;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts