Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Cleaning Supplies

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  BrandonBenjamin1452 
#1 ·
I Just Started Cleaning Apartments When They Are Empty, Do Most People Such As Myself, Furnish The Cleaning Supplies Or Do The People That Employee Me Furninsh Them?
Right Now They Want Me To Furnish Them But The Pay Is Not That Great And I Was Just Curious.
Thanks

#4 ·
Around here you can name your price as long as you want to starve. They pretty much tell you what they will pay take it or leave it. and you pay for chemicals. Only way to make any money is to pay someone to clean it for you then you come in after them and spit shine it. Profit margin is and has always been very thin that is why in the apartment market mostly women looking for a part time job or people just grtting into cleaning do apartments. I have a couple of properties and I pay around 30 to 40% to have it cleaned before I go in and touch it up. It is way to time consuming to do yourself. You could work all day for a 100 or 150 bucks and who wants to do that?

#5 · (Edited)
I Just Started Cleaning Apartments When They Are Empty, Do Most People Such As Myself, Furnish The Cleaning Supplies Or Do The People That Employee Me Furninsh Them?
Right Now They Want Me To Furnish Them But The Pay Is Not That Great And I Was Just Curious.
Thanks[/quote

Hi lady b im in az i just started working for someone who has a couple apt buildings they provide the equip. and cleaners we use but the pay is horrid they pay 1/2 of the job for one person 2 people split that so a 1 bd would be 30 split its 15 and you cant do a apt under 3 hours with two people ,heavy cleaning too refridgarator stove oven washer dyer pull all appl. out clean behind tracks and windows scrub grout in tile counters inside top and outside patio storage alot of work i am hanging on till i get something else i aint no illegal and i am not gonna keep getting paid like one so 1st chance im outa there good luck with you
r.l.woods:thumbdown:

#6 ·
I have to agree that property managements companies who manage apartments are notorously bad on paying.

If you choose to stay in this line of cleaning it would behoove you to learn the systems of cleaning that will reduce your time and effort. Look for super strong janitorial quality cleaners and allow them to do most of the muscle work for you (ie: spray and soak the gross items while you clean something else). If plotted out correctly even the worst of rentals can be cleaned in minimal time. The question is - Do you want to work that hard for that kind of money when there is more money available for less work in other lines of cleaning? :sad:

#9 ·
Well I don't clean apts but when I use to live in them I would see some ladys clean them and they would get their cleaning tools out of their car.So I think you have to have your own.Thats why before you get a deal with a company you have to let them know what your going to charge with cleaning supplys incuded.And ask them also if they would like for you to use their own.:thumbup:

#10 ·
Well I don't spotless apts however when I use to live in them I would see some ladys clean them and they would get their clearing devices out of their car.So I think you must have your own.Thats why before you get it with an organization you need to tell them what your going to accuse of cleaning supplys incuded.And ask them additionally on the off chance that they would like for you to utilize their own.👍

Pro Attic | (832) 669-9777 A Local Houston Company providing professional Attic Insulation, Attic Services, Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning in Houston and surrounding areas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.