Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sick: I am not sure this is the right place to ask about that but... Yesterday I noticed a cockroach in my kitchen. I am worried about having more in my house. Could someone recommend me the best cockroach and insect killer, because I used a spray that does not seem to give any results. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Cheryl, I have had a lot of luck with Raid Ant and Roach Killer in the dark pink can. Living in the city pretty much all my life, except for the past 10 years, eventually a roach or 2 will come in from a neighbors house. I would spray the Raid around the base of the kitchen floor and afterwards I wouldn't see another roach for about six months, until one decided to travel back over from a neighbors. I haven't needed to use it since I left the city, but it used to work extremely well. Here's a link to the product.
http://www.google.com/products/cata...X&ei=rotCToH6F4TVgAf587WzCQ&ved=0CJoBEPMCMAk#

www.tidybizcleaning.com
www.tidybizcleaningblog.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Raid Roach killer works perfectly. I strongly recommend it! Kills them instantly whether they live in the house or are entering it from the outside. Just spray the entrance door, windows and they will never dare to enter the house again. I do it every summer once a month...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Snellexperts...yes the spray I recommended does work once they are inside. I never had to use bombs, I just used the Ant and Roach spray. When they would come in it would only be in the kitchen. All I would do is spray around the base of the kitchen floor and that was it. I would do it about 2-3 nights in a row and no more roaches until they got brave and deared to venture back 6 or 7 months later.

www.tidybizcleaning.com

·
Registered
207 Posts
Snellexperts...yes the spray I recommended does work once they are inside. I never had to use bombs, I just used the Ant and Roach spray. When they would come in it would only be in the kitchen. All I would do is spray around the base of the kitchen floor and that was it. I would do it about 2-3 nights in a row and no more roaches until they got brave and deared to venture back 6 or 7 months later.

www.tidybizcleaning.com
Good to know. I started the spray a few nights ago, and so far it seems to be doing the trick!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, that they can. Now if only I can figure out a way to get rid of these pesky sugar ants. Every surface in the house is spotless and yet, they still come in. Talked with parents the other day, and they are having the same issue.
Snellexperts, Yeah, Ants are beast! I would rather fight roaches than ants. We have a problem with ants around Spring. I don't know if it has to do with all the rain plus the change in the temperature or what, but it's for about 3 - 6 weeks. They are the reigning champs! I have yet to beat them. I just deal with them until they disappear. We have tried spraying the entry areas to keep them out and we also use those ant traps. Nothing works.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You know, I'm not sure what type of ants they are, but they must be related to the stubborn breed. :laughing:

I agree that something needs to be done about the spam. It's really getting out of hand.
I think all ants are of the stubborn breed. best we can do is fight them in the summer and then they go away in the winter lol.

and yes it is getting out of hand, but most websites like this are spam infested. I havent been able to find any good forums yet :( If you know of any please pass them this way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have had to deal with ants too. I sprayed some cleaner the other day and killed the visible ones. A few minutes later after returning to the kitchen I saw a LONG trail of even more, triple what I had just seen. In a desparate attempt to save my boxed food and stuff I just started tossing cinnamon up in the air all over the cabinets, shelves, top of the refrigerator and counters. I sprinkled and sprinkled and sprinled...and guess what that cinnamon is still stilling on my cabinets and counters..LOOLOLOL havent seen the ants since. *shrugs* i didn't know what else to do lol:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts