Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am a 1 year old cleaning company looking to expand from small once and twice a week contracts to 5 day a week and up. I am looking for some online courses or good books that can help me out with expanding my newborn knowledge of the industry. I have noticed that there's 5 million different choices and was wondering if you guys could help me out a little with which ones are worth it. I am also looking to go to the ISSA / Interclean convention in November down in orlando. Is it worth the $500 bucks (plus travel expenses) that it will cost? The $500 includes a year membership to ISSA but I don't even know if that makes it worth the money. Any help is much appreciated. Also does anyone have any history with unit franchising with big cleaning companies? I am wondering if the 10% of the contracts is worth the big name behind it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is one good way to pass your exams in college - read this article with detailed instructions on using essay writing services, and it will be the start of successful graduation.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Albany Cleaning. Betco U has commercial cleaning learning modules and I believe they are free. I just finished the Smart Tools for Facility Disinfection program and passed the exam.
My experience with Franchising is; 1 franchise was Jan-Pro--2 contracts to start with, 1 of the contracts moved away and the other I did for several years. They did offer me some deals on new contracts with the deal being no purchase fees just the monthly fee but they told me they felt $20 per hour was enough.
2.I have bought some contracts from a Local Franchisor which turned out to be pretty profitable but they ran afoul with the State over the employee vs independent contractor so had to go thru Giant hassle.
I get calls form Janitorial Service Companies asking if I would service a business/building for them and they would take their 10-20% fee each month and then send me the balance.
I always say no because the Service Company is always out of state and I think it would be a hassle to to try to collect my portion of the monthly payment.
lately I have been nagged by Stratus Building Solutions to sign up with them, Digging deep into their background I have found negative comments from franchisees.
If I was to pay for new accounts, I think going thru Bark.com or Thumbtack.com is a better deal because I get to see the basic specs up front before committing any $$ and there is no reoccurring monthly franchise fees,
Currently I have 1 Bark.com account I still service and 1 Bark account that I did for 2 months and they went back to inhouse (dental office) because the dental techs wanted to earn more $ or that is what the dentist told me. I still service 1 Thumbtack account for the last 3 years,
I don't get a lot of Commercial Cleaning offers from Thumbtack, most come from Brak.com
Brad BD Janitorial

·
Registered
10 Posts
The beauty of the words is that the same words can be used in a variety of ways to provide a different and unique meaning. You possess the nice and quite impressive style of writings that has touched my heart and soul. I shall come again to soothe my knowledge and skills thirst,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts