Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am a 1 year old cleaning company looking to expand from small once and twice a week contracts to 5 day a week and up. I am looking for some online courses or good books that can help me out with expanding my newborn knowledge of the industry. I have noticed that there's 5 million different choices and was wondering if you guys could help me out a little with which ones are worth it. I am also looking to go to the ISSA / Interclean convention in November down in orlando. Is it worth the $500 bucks (plus travel expenses) that it will cost? The $500 includes a year membership to ISSA but I don't even know if that makes it worth the money. Any help is much appreciated. Also does anyone have any history with unit franchising with big cleaning companies? I am wondering if the 10% of the contracts is worth the big name behind it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is one good way to pass your exams in college - read this article with detailed instructions on using essay writing services, and it will be the start of successful graduation.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Albany Cleaning. Betco U has commercial cleaning learning modules and I believe they are free. I just finished the Smart Tools for Facility Disinfection program and passed the exam.
My experience with Franchising is; 1 franchise was Jan-Pro--2 contracts to start with, 1 of the contracts moved away and the other I did for several years. They did offer me some deals on new contracts with the deal being no purchase fees just the monthly fee but they told me they felt $20 per hour was enough.
2.I have bought some contracts from a Local Franchisor which turned out to be pretty profitable but they ran afoul with the State over the employee vs independent contractor so had to go thru Giant hassle.
I get calls form Janitorial Service Companies asking if I would service a business/building for them and they would take their 10-20% fee each month and then send me the balance.
I always say no because the Service Company is always out of state and I think it would be a hassle to to try to collect my portion of the monthly payment.
lately I have been nagged by Stratus Building Solutions to sign up with them, Digging deep into their background I have found negative comments from franchisees.
If I was to pay for new accounts, I think going thru Bark.com or Thumbtack.com is a better deal because I get to see the basic specs up front before committing any $$ and there is no reoccurring monthly franchise fees,
Currently I have 1 Bark.com account I still service and 1 Bark account that I did for 2 months and they went back to inhouse (dental office) because the dental techs wanted to earn more $ or that is what the dentist told me. I still service 1 Thumbtack account for the last 3 years,
I don't get a lot of Commercial Cleaning offers from Thumbtack, most come from Brak.com
Brad BD Janitorial

·
Banned
13 Posts
The beauty of the words is that the same words can be used in a variety of ways to provide a different and unique meaning. You possess the nice and quite impressive style of writings that has touched my heart and soul. I shall come again to soothe my knowledge and skills thirst,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello:) If you have the same problem as more than 50% of USA students I recommend you pay attention to many online services that are ready to provide students with fast essay writing services. Professional academic writers are writing and offer fast essays at affordable prices. Don't lose time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts