Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live in a major metro area where there are many storage rental companies offering modern and efficiently run options for storage. The facilities are tightly managed, clean, etc.

In preparation for a move to a relatively rural area in the Northeast, I have been seeking the same or similar, for storage purposes while I look for a permanent home to rent or purchase.

I am finding the market is different there. The facilities appear to be independently owned and not even sure how they are managed - most have no website to research and it's not always easy to even get someone on the phone. Most appear to be outdoor drive-up units.

Because I need climate-controlled storage and want to make sure I am dealing with a business that plans to stay in business, I have decided to perhaps move my things to the next smallest city where there appear to be professionally operated facilities.

If any of you have experience with renting a storage unit in a small city or rural area, would appreciate hearing any tips or suggestions you have. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can certainly understand your dilemma - it can be tricky to find storage options in rural areas that meet all of your requirements. I would recommend checking out some of the smaller cities in the area that you're moving to. There are usually storage facilities in these areas that are managed by larger, professional companies. These companies that offer storing appliances in a storage unit usually have climate-controlled storage units that are clean and well-maintained. I had a great experience last year with a company that offered me a perfect unit to keep my items safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts