Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I borrowed a friends pressure washer and washed my patio. I used the 0 tip thinking the more pressure the better. The next day I came outside and to my horror saw what looks like grafetti all over the patio. I don't feel any indentation but it won't come off. Is there ANYTHING I can do or did I ruin the patio I Built last year! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Graffiti cleaning or removal is something which cannot be achieved by every one. There are techniques and procedures to get rid of it. Cleaning companies can do it more effectively, but always find a company that is experienced in graffiti cleaning. So, it is done properly at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you may have misunderstood my original post. No one graffitied my patio. It looks like graffiti from my power washer. I had it on to high of a setting that looks like it etched into the patio. Just looking to see if there is anything I can do to make it look better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Graffiti cleaning or removal is something which cannot be achieved by every one. There are techniques and procedures to get rid of it. Cleaning companies can do it more effectively, but always find a company that is experienced in graffiti cleaning. So, it is done properly at a reasonable price.
Yes...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have done this several times, just using my garden hose. It will wear off in time, and no harm was done. Dont worry about this. It will go away all on its own.

·
Registered
699 Posts
When this has happened for me, NO, I couldnt see the "graffitti" lines showing until it was dry. I do not think there is any need to try to clean it, because it IS clean! Using pressure washed away some of the dirt that gets embedded in concrete, tile, etc, that is outside. It will just gradually blend in.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello,
Nice to see you in this professional stand. Pressure washer is great for outdoor cleaning but if not used correctly they can damage wood and other surfaces. Therefore, you can make your pressure washer work better is by using the proper cleaner. If there are stains not coming off the surfaces try adding a soap mixture to the water. But for better result, always hire professionals for this work as they are expertise and have time-trusted and competent cleaning methods.Keep sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I borrowed a friends pressure washer and washed my patio. I used the 0 tip thinking the more pressure the better. The next day I came outside and to my horror saw what looks like grafetti all over the patio. I don't feel any indentation but it won't come off. Is there ANYTHING I can do or did I ruin the patio I Built last year! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I did this in my patio too using the 0 degree on my Briggs and Stratton nozzle. I went out for a few days afterwards and did my best to try and even it out with the 15 degree tip. I would try that and hope that it just evens out. But a surface cleaner might be your best bet to avoid this instance in the future.
Jack

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should use a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer next time you wash your patio to avoid having it like this again, got mine for a good price from BestCarGurus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts