Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The caring and cleaning of a commercial or institutional facility is a huge task. Developing and implementing a green cleaning program that will effectively protect the occupant's health while minimizing the cleaning's impact on the environment is equally significant. By following these eight guidelines you will find that implementing your green cleaning program will be much easier and much more successful.
http://www.baxtersales.com/8stepgreenclean.html

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's funny...while I believe in not using many chemicals, I find the idea of green cleaning a bit of a contradiction in some ways. I had a contract for a couple of years at one of the local councils here and they were into green everything. They recycled paper, yet they went through so much of it needlessly as in they printed off all their emails etc, they used paper towels in the bathrooms but went through about 10-15 boxes of the stuff each week (they used about 4-5 sheets per wash each)...they composted all their food scraps and yet, no one used the compost they made but threw it all out. they made us use green chemicals and yet complained when they weren't strong enough to leave a nice smell behind (we used the best we could get her in Oz at the time).

While people try and do the right thing with green everything, sometimes I don't really think it makes a great deal of difference....:sad: That's just my opinion I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.