Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a carpet van from someone and not sure where I am allowed to dump the water when done.

·
Banned
159 Posts
wastewater disposal and treatment can be dangerous if not done correctly. wastewater at industrial facilities that are not eliminated or treated may endanger the surrounding residential areas and may pose a health hazard to workers. But with the elimination and a company known environmental remediation and recycling of treated wastewater can even be reused as drinking water, agriculture and rehabilitation of natural ecosystems. Not only the affected areas are safe from further harm, we can provide wastewater treatment to good use and benefit.

Thanks,
online backup service

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sewer is the best way to do it, you have to filter it for solid waste. Check your local authorities just in case. Some cleaners dump in car washes, which is illegal, heard of a cleaner got arrested for this. the ground would be an option but far away from rain collectors.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The best thing you could do is see if the van has an APO ( automatic pump out) which will allow you to pump out the dirty contaminated water into either a washer overflow or a toilet while you are working. This is what we at mission viejo carpet cleaning do and it really makes your day much easier. These can cost about $1000 to get but are worth every penny IMO.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The best thing you could do is see if the van has an APO ( automatic pump out) which will allow you to pump out the dirty contaminated water into either a washer overflow or a toilet while you are working. This is what we at mission viejo carpet cleaning do and it really makes your day much easier. These can cost about $1000 to get but are worth every penny IMO.
This is sound advice and exactly what we use at carpet cleaning Tampa. I honestly done know how anybody does our work without an auto pump out system? Just makes the jobs and day go so much easier and fasted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is very necessary to have proper disposal of the dirty waste water from carpet cleaning jobs. Recovered wastewater may only be dumped into a sanitary sewer line which discharges into a publicly owned waste-water treatment plant.
I am agree with you yashinishwerin , That it is very necessary to keep clean the place in order to keep waste water to sewer or else you have option to call municipality expert then they get that water through its process and keep your area clean.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Definitely only into the city sewer man. I use a knockout at my shop which drains to the city sewer. It is our responsibility to dispose of our water properly.
Obviously I am agree with you in this way. It is basis on hygienic and its only up to you that how you clean and maintain your city,house or else your self.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Drains or sewage pipes clog and rot due to various reasons. The only way the drains or pipes can be cleaned with powerful cleaning products and equipment's.
The sewer pipes have to be installed carefully with precision. The pipes have to be installed with sufficient slope. The next thing that has to be decided is deciding the elevation.

American Septic Services
Address: 3824 Kenyon Rd.
Lake worth Fl 33461

·
Registered
51 Posts
wastewater disposal and treatment can be dangerous if not done correctly. wastewater at industrial facilities that are not eliminated or treated may endanger the surrounding residential areas and may pose a health hazard to workers. But with the elimination and a company known environmental remediation and recycling of treated wastewater can even be reused as drinking water, agriculture and rehabilitation of natural ecosystems. Not only the affected areas are safe from further harm, we can provide wastewater treatment to good use and benefit.

Thanks,
online backup service
Justin98 needs to be banned from the site. This is clearly spam and is not from a carpet cleaner. Please remove him.

Matt
Smith Brothers Carpet Cleaning

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm curious, how many customers refuse to let you pump down their toilet? I've had to haul dirty water away because some headstrong customers refuse to let me dump that way and say that a little piece of paper from a spiral binder would clog the commode.
I do mention that the toilet paper they flush is also paper, and can is more likely to back up the toilet. But only once then I oblige them so I can get on with the next job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every time I get my carpets cleaned they always dispose of the dirty water down the toilet. Makes sense as the toilet water would go directly to the sewer, which seems to be the general advice.
That's what I do as well and it works quite well. I do only residential cleaning, so there's not much water to worry about.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts