Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do commercial cleaning mostly for restraunts, offices and banks..I have 10 accounts now but i would lilke to expand. Do i need a website? do local business look for cleaning companies on the internet? Or should i stick with what i know and call and go speak in person?

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I did my own with Microsoft Office Live. Very easy interface and decent price per month. It runs reports for traffic and other such data. So far, so good.

Torrey

·
Registered
130 Posts
We generate alot of business from our website. Customers often comment on it. We were lucky enough to get ours done for free by a professional though. Friend of a friend situation. I tried to do it on my own with microsoft publisher. I could not ever figure out how to get it up and going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
iF YOU HAVE SOME TIME ON YOUR HANDS YOU CAN GO TO YAHOO. THEY WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO BUILD YOUR SITE YOURSELF AND IT IS FAIRLY EASY. i HAD NO EXPERIENCE WITHT HAT STUFF AND AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING ONE RIGHT NOW. THEY ALSO WILL HOST IT FOR YOU FOR ABOUT 9-10 BUCKS A MONTH. tHAT WILL BE YOUR TOTAL COST, THE HOSTING FEES.

I LOOKED AROUND AND EVEN CONTACTED SOME COMPANIES TO DESIGN IT FOR ME BUT THEY WANTED ASTRONOMICAL FEES AND THEN HOSTING FEES. IF YOU OR ANYONE ELES HAS SOME FREE TIME, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF FOR FREE AND JUST PAY THE HOSTING FEES....

OH...BEFORE I FORGET, GETTING YOUR WEBSITE IN THE SEARCH ENGINES IS ANOTHER THING.......

·
Registered
21 Posts
I still think the internet is still in the infancy stages and growing....

I predict there will not be a phone book published in 15 years or less.

I remember seeing movies like Demoliton Man, with all the high tech future stuff. I was walking in the mall the other day and all the advertsing kiosk have been replaced with interactive plasma tvs displaying ads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to do a lot of web and graphic design, primarily layouts and site re-design. I ran into a lot of clients who tried doing it on their own and ultimately failed generating the kind of traffic they wanted. If you want a professional look and for people to take you seriously, I suggest hiring a designer to do it for you.

Another note, a lot of first timers like using WYSIWYG editors to create pages (like Dreamweaver and Frontpage). These programs just clutter the code on a site and can cause a lot of slow load times. Like I said, get a designer.. pay for quality and be happier in the long run. You also dont want your site to look like everyone else's, you want it to stand out (in a good way). You want it memorable and to leave a lasting impression.

Site traffic is another beast all on it's own, it isn't as hard as what you think. I know a bit on generating traffic for sites, I've been doing it since I was about 14 (not to brag...). I can't guarantee 10,000 hits like some other companies can.. but I can at least get your name out there on the search engines and other media sources.

I'll quit yapping.. lol Hope that helps. But yes, build a website..!

Maya

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its the digital age, people use the internet for everything. If you make a call to someone and you mention you have a website, there is a high possibility that they will check it out. It also makes you seem just a little more professional then the guy next door without one. Printing it on your business card is great for a customer. Your website is the printed version of your sales pitch. You can talk until your blue in the face extolling the virtues of what you do, but if its not in print and theirs no pictures or proof, its harder to believe.

Also, since your website is a part of your sales pitch, dont half-arse it. Things like cutting corners will show, and it reflects right back on you and your business. You wouldn't show up drunk (I hope) to a prospective customer, so why would you act the same way towards your other advertising outlets.

On that note, don't use one of those free domains where you can post a site for free, like yahoo or such, it is very unprofessional and looks cheap.

Good luck

·
Registered
620 Posts
You might also try www.ropofam.com.

Don Ropos is the owner. He has developed a cost efficient, effective process for webpage creation and management.

Tell him I sent you.

Wil
When I see a page title of "Home" it indicates that this company does not know SEO. What good is a site if it does not rank well? I mean no disrespect All Shine but doing a search for commercial cleaning Dayton Ohio, I stopped searching for your site at page four. The code is also questionable.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts