Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi If Some Have Not Met Me This Is My Second Time Here I Like The Intresting Threads I Wanted To Know I Just Opent A New Cleaning Service A Week Now I Got A Clean Up At A Construction Site To Look At On Monday But I Wanted To Know Do I Need Insurance For My Company I Would Be Opperating On My Own For Now Any Info! Please.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Insurance is always a good idea to have. Some clients won't hire you if you don't have it. It sucks paying for it but you can use it to help land jobs that others may not even qualify for. Also, you must charge your clients accordingly. Make them pay for it as it is them that benefit the most from you being insured.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advice to all but what does general liability covers does it also covers if in the future i have employees too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys.
you know how much I am paying for my cleaning business
in california is $1600 a year for up to 1 million.
thats the basic. plus the bond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also starting a cleaning business, I checked into the insurance and
the lowest amount of Liability I could get was $300,000.00 and they wanted $350.00 per year. I guess this is reasonable I don't know. I tried to get $100.000.00 but they do not have it. Since I am just starting and I do not have any employee's working for me yet, how would you go about spreading the cost out to two or three clients?

Thanks
Rose Sutton

·
Registered
620 Posts
Rose, that is the cost of doing business. I think that is very reasonable. You don't really bore out the cost to a few customers because your cash flow is low. You amortize the amount over your projected customer count for the year. The insurance is the first of many expenses of going into business for yourself. If $350 taps into your startup costs significantly it may be better to continue working for someone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is in ks. I got $ 2,000.000 general liablity $ 2,000.000 general aggregate limit $ 1,000.000 personal and advertising injury limit $1,000.000 in other things $ 500.00 per year. Nice price. Safco insurance

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I dont know what it all means, but if I get in to trouble Im insured
Unfortunately, not necessarily.

The insurance companies have a lot of "fine" print that keep them from having to cover alot of claims.

For example - If a cleaning person accidently uses the wrong product on a marble counter and the marble is etched the insurance company will not pay out because the cleaning person is "expected to be an expert in their field" therefore should now what products to use.

On the other hand, if a bottle of acid based cleaner fell over and etched a marble floor, then the insurance company would most likely pay out on that claim.

Years ago I had an insurance company actually tell me that they would not pay out on any item that was structurally attached to the home (Wall, Flooring, Doors, showers, tubs, toilets, windows, etc....).
Once I quit laughing I cancelled them immediately and turned them over to the insurance commissioner.

Moral - Read the small print and ask questions of your broker before purchasing your insurance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody know any good insurance companys in the UK for public liability and professional indemnity? Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts