Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm cleaning my house maybe more often than it's needed to avoid my mess to pile up and that's like my golden rule about cleaning. I'm spending a lot of time on the kitchen so that's maybe the cleanest place in my house, but my bathroom, bedroom and other rooms too, aren't in mess and dirty for sure! Once in a while I boil my cutlery with sodium bicarbonate to keep them shiny. Glasses, as windows and tables, I'm cleaning very often to avoid marks of hard water. Narrow and little details in house I brush with old toothbrush to keep clean every single detail...

· Registered
22 Posts
You sound sort of like me. I can be kind of OCD about cleaning my apartment. Like you,"my mess" can get out of control. I tend to leave stuff I dont know what to do with on my kitchen table. I dont eat there, and I live alone (with my cat) so its a handy place to stash stuff until I either give it to a thrift shop or whatever. I periodically have to force myself to go through my closet and set aside anything I havent worn much. I think trying to stay organized is crucial to having a clean home, plus having en eye out for issues like dust or dirt on the floor.

Several of my best cleaning hacks are Magic Erasers, and using a vacuum with a bright headlight. That darn light showed me SO much I had missed in the past and I cannot imagine doing a good cleaning job with out it now. I also keep a bag of clean rages in my kitchen for quick clean ups (and NOT wasting expensive paper towels!) Someone here pointed out that Magic Erasers CAN scratch some finishes, so I am going to be careful what I use them on now. I always have a bunch of foam sponges for both my work and home. I buy them at Dollar Tree - $1 for a pack of 6. They are meant to wash dishes with and I also use them for that. Those darn sponges do a really great job cleaning and they are very soft.

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who exaggerates :angel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.