Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
For more complex services like regular house cleaning and spring cleaning, it is essential to have a checklist. We specifically offer an option for a customized cleaning checklist, which can reflect the personal preferences of every client. That is a certain way for the client to reach a level of satisfaction and to call us again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have always used a checklist for my cleaning business.

And I have to say, there were many times that if I did not have my checklist I would have forgotten two or three things.

There have been times (even after years of being in this field and business) that I would accidently realize I almost forgot something when going down the checklist and checking things off.

I would then think to myself about how thankful I was that I still use a checklist (and chuckle quietly to myself) because I know without the checklist I probably would have forgotten to take their trash out, or would have forgotten to mop a bathroom floor. This doesn't happen all the time. But sometimes it does. (Trust me when you are sometimes tired and have too much on your mind.. this can happen, even after being in this business or field for years (like I had mentioned before).

So anyways, that being said. Yes, I still use a checklist. :smile

·
Registered
699 Posts
May I ask what kinid of buildings you serve? Homes, or offices? In house cleaning, it isnt standard to remove trash, or so I have been told. Maybe in offices you do. Just curious.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Office cleaning- yes. Home - I'd say 50% we do remove kitchen garbage and replace bags, 100% for bathroom rubbish, these are always emptied. For residential, I don't feel that any cleaner should feel obligated to empty main trash receptacles (typically the kitchen ) and I don't think the majority of customers expect their cleaners to lug trash bags in pick up bins. In fact there are a few good reasons NOT to mess with the main trash receptacle. Case by case, I would never feel obligated as part of regular service to do so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I use a checklist for everything. It's the only way I can keep track of everything I do. Trello.com is a great online checklist I use for several areas of my life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another old post, but I'll respond anyway since it was brought up.

At first, I didn't want to do a checklist. We would do the walk through, people would say what we needed and it was all fine and dandy, right? I'd have it all written down so I know.

Anyway, you get those problem clients that say for example, "Don't touch my electronics!" so you don't, then you leave, and then they complain, "There is dust all over my electronics! I want a refund!"

Or we had this other person that was so adamant about, "Don't move stuff when you're dusting! Just work around it." Then a week later they complain there is dust all over stuff and that we didn't put the towels away (nothing was mentioned about changing out towels) and things like that.

So, we started doing checklists and we would show them to the home owner and then have them sign it so they're agreeing to what is on the list - no more, no less. That way if they have a fit we can say, "Hey, this is the list you signed for the work to be done." We also have a service agreement for this reason - the few people that complain for any reason. Always be prepared for those.

With the checklists, put them in a protector sleeve :) this way while you're cleaning, you don't sog the paper or get it nasty with grease from the counter or something.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts