Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting to start traveling around the US; full time living out of a converted cargo van.

Is anyone doing this already? OR at the very least, finding clients in whatever town they are vacationing in? (It's nice to say go on a week vacation and work for 2 days and pay for some of the trip since we don't get vacation time)

IF you are doing either, how are you finding clients in those cities? Word of mouth from other clients? Craigslist? (so useless really) Ads on FB before you head to said city? What?

How about in small towns? I'd probably be spend time in the middle of no where and it would be nice to drop into small towns and find a client or two.

Fliers COULD work if I was staying in a city for a month maybe because I'd have to be there to post them. Or, I guess there is paying someone to post them for you.

Please, I'd love your experiences and advice if you're living this life.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mainly the the cost of advertising. Also, the lack of visibility on free advertising like Craigslist.. all the free stuff is very spammy.

But, I'd probably do a mix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It all depends on what kind of business you are in. It`s best to look for clients online. It's always easier and you don't have to constantly create a new client base. And if not, clarify the specifics of your work. Location is also very dependent on what you do, but not everywhere your business`ll be profitable. If we have already touched on the subject of travel - I recommend a visit to Toronto niagara falls bus, I was there once on a tour, you`d love to live in that beautiful area. Both for traveling and living, this place is comfortable enough. If you`re planning to live in a quiet place for a while, it`s just right for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I travel, I forget about work during my vacation. It helps me concentrate more on myself, and also it makes me more productive. My last holiday was in Germany. I took a train ticket from https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/ and traveled across the entire country to visit famous cities and other tourist attractions. It is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever seen. If you have the possibility, visit Germany as soon as possible, you won't be disappointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts