Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Suttner ST-54 Dual Lance and was wondering about tips for it. I am thinking this may be the perfect gun for doing single story houses. Open valve, apply chems. Dwell and close valve and rinse.

Question I have is regarding what the best tip would be to have on the high pressure side for rinsing. Esentially I would like to have the most flow that I can get without it causing enough suction to keep pulling from the downstreamer. I have a 4040 tip in the soap side of the lance but want to have the most volume without soap on the other side for the most efficient rinsing possible. I am sure this has to do with the particular downstreamer as well but some ideas on where to start experimenting would be helpful. Thanks!

Any suggestions?

:notworthy::notworthy:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Need to know specs on your machine to answer. Also, you should place a qdc on wand so that you can exchange tips as needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have QDC on the pressure tip and a ball valve before the gun handle for tip changing.

machine is 4GPM 3500 PSI

·
Registered
76 Posts
A 25 0r 4010. I know you've already bought the dual wand, but they are heavy. You can use a rollover nozzle (or dual tip nozzle) with a single wand. Same function, less fatigue. To me, changing tips is no big deal. With 3-5 in your pocket you have different patterns, pressure's etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan. I will get those tips as a starting point. You are right the dual lance is a bit heavy but I need the exercise to get my biceps into shape! :laughing:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the dual lance. Especially with a turbo nozzle. Turn of the wrist and get good control of pressure/flow. Same with a higher pressure tip; just turn wrist and get flow when it's needed or pressure for a tough spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts