Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've tried doing some posts with FB and also running a few ads. I have an internet marketing guy helping us out with the website and generating leads. What he told me is that you have to look at FB and Google as both long term strategies, like many have mentioned here. What I took away from what he told me with FB is that it is more "push" advertising, meaning you are sending those ads to people who may or may not (most likely) be actively looking for carpet cleaning (in my case). Google Ads and search on the other hand, are people that are getting "pulled" to your business because they are actively looking for a carpet cleaner (in my case) and are more likely to click on what they are searching for right then on the search.

·
Registered
957 Posts
What kind of deal did you offer in your facebook ad?

I'd say roof cleaning is a tough sale. Carpet cleaning is kind of tough but people see their carpet every day but with a roof... out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The good and the bad and the bad. The good thing is that you only have 1 competitor on Google. But the bad thing is, when only 1 other business is doing what you do, there probably isn't much of a call for it.

You have 3 reviews and he has 0 but he is still ahead of you. Google LOVES reviews. You don't get any stars until atleast 5 but they still LOVE reviews. The reason he is ahead of you is simple... while his website is not the best in the world, he has an H1 and it says the correct thing in it. You have no H1's. Oh wow, now that I look at the backside of his site, someone did a hell of a job for him. If he had 5+ reviews, social media set up, some H2's changed to H3's and more text... all very easy and would take 30 minutes to complete... he could kick some (*) no matter what market he would be in.

But really no need to worry since there are only 2 of you in the area... on Google anyway. As usual, I don't think it was facebook that sucked, I think it is because you are in a very tough business. I'm 50 years old, been in the cleaning business over 18 years, have friends and family all over the country and have never heard of any of them getting their roof washed (neither have I) or protected (I don't even know what a protected roof means). I'm not saying that people don't have it done, I'm just saying that the majority never do it. Now power spraying houses and driveways I have heard of people doing... but that is not mentioned on your site.

By the way, just as I suspected but had never checked before, the link from this site to your website is red. That means the link from this site = nothing or actually it could be hurting your site. Junk links are a thing of yesteryear but people still do it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
WE generate at least 1-3 leads a month off of our facebook page. You would be surprised how many people pop open facebook and do a search for cleaning services in our city. It is worth having a FB page for sure

·
Registered
34 Posts
SprintCar, thank you for the feedback. What's an H1 or H3? I'm not too keen on SEO, everything I've done is just me. I would like to learn more though. Your right about roof cleaning being a tough business(in NE Indiana). I'm adding exterior cleaning as well, probably this summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A FB Biz Page is a good thing to have but managing your social media can be a full-time job. You have to be committed to it if you want it to work. Targeted FB Ads might be something to try but it can get expensive.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Its a good place for networking but cant say that I have got much work from it. Facebook is good for other businesses im sure. i devote more of my time to my website so i guess i pay attention more to attracting people to that :yes::whistling2::thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
People, aka your potential customers, go on FB to socialize, so talk to them. Find out what their problems are and get them talking about them. Ask questions. You can use FB as a tool to figure out what's really going on in your market.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have a page on Facebook, and while it seems to be a nice place to communicate with people we know, is anyone drumming up any new business from it? What are your thoughts?
Really hard to make Facebook business page do you good from a lead perspective. That said, it can help in web page ranking if you can get a lot of likes. Also I have found Facebook advertising is very useful.

Matt
Smith Brothers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Facebook as a source for business

Facebook is tough. But, we found that we could get leads from Facebook and keep it really cheap ($10 a day) for generating 30-40 leads per week.

The key to it is being able to drill down to a very specific audience. But it's tough to do because your audience (for a cleaning business) can be very hard to drill down to.

The easy part is drilling down within a geography. You can pick an address and drill down to within 1 mile of that address. Pretty cool.

But, who do you want to target? For hood cleaning, we wanted restaurant owners / managers. Well, that is not a data set that FB has. So, we had to throw a wider net which costs a little more.

Anyway, I say all this just to say - if you do try to use FB for gaining customers, you may want to read up on how FaceBook Ads work. Otherwise, it can be as expensive or more expensive than Google Adwords.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Facebook Advertising

Don't like Facebook advertising. But having a page and keeping it active sends good social signals to Google and will help boost your website.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts