Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Sherwin Williams products but being a painter I guess I'm a sucker. What products do you guys like?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried them all!!!

WWW.AmericanPaintingAndDeckCare.com

We service the North Atlanta area and the Elements her are terrible. Belive it or not the best Semi transparent stain is Glidden Endurance Oil based. We have been using it for four years, Its all I sell and we do over 200 decks per year.

Thank you,
Michael Camaret
American Painting And Deck Care
Alpharetta, Ga , Cumming, Ga
678-566-3305

·
Registered
485 Posts
WWW.AmericanPaintingAndDeckCare.com

We service the North Atlanta area and the Elements her are terrible. Belive it or not the best Semi transparent stain is Glidden Endurance Oil based. We have been using it for four years, Its all I sell and we do over 200 decks per year.

Thank you,
Michael Camaret
American Painting And Deck Care
Alpharetta, Ga , Cumming, Ga
678-566-3305
You haven't tried them all till you try Baker's Gray Away Wood Seal We've been using it for 16 yrs !

Nathan you know my favorite stain it's Gray Away :cool2:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Everything on the commercial market is pretty bad. Tightening VOC laws have made most readily available formulations shadows of their former selves. Having used (and now sell) Baker's Gray Away I can vouch for its unbelievable beauty of finish and durability for the type of product it is. Check out my RAD website for more of Shane's outstanding pictures.

I also use Wood Tux. It is an oil based semi transparent that has special technology that allows it to be applied to wet wood. It is unbeatable in terms of durability. The finish is not quite as stuning as the BGA but it allows deck restoration contractors to stay on schedule not waiting for dry time.

Here is an example of Wood Tux

·
Registered
485 Posts
Check out my RAD website for more of Shane's outstanding pictures.

Thanks Ken... :blush: :rockon::clap:

Nathan For Sherwin Williams oil base i knew they were using a veggie oil that is a food source for mildew.You do want to stay away from most water base stains cause they just let the wood dry out in no time!

·
Registered
485 Posts
love that ready seal mix mb with mr it rocks
:thumbup:

If you like RS then the Gray Away would blow you away on how richer the color would look compared to RS.The BGA is just as easy to apply as the RS with maby a little more back padding.You would get a better sqft per gallon.

Have any pics of some jobs you've done in RS MB/MR?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wood Rich is probably going to be my go-to sealer for '07. It just fits more into the variables of northeast weather. Having said that, BGA blows Ready Seal away hands down. The colors are unrivaled. I love the way it finishes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cabot's or Cuprinol, don't have the choices of you guys over there in the USA :sad:
Hey Shane do you know if This Baker's Gray Away is imported to the UK/ If you do how is importing, wouldn't mind trying it.

Roger

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spray w/back brush... We don't even do wood anymore. Gone more into only marketing high profit margin work like Vinyl cleaning and Roof cleaning. We refer our wood out to another company in trade for thier Vinyl and Roofs.

Specializing has brought us better margins.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I use Ready Seal. I would like to try something new this year.

Mark give me a call when you get a chance the Gray Away is similar to RS but you will get a better sqft per gallon coverage.I think the BGA colors look more rich.:cool2:

713-203-1648

1 - 20 of 24 Posts