Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i find employees to work at night around 2 am or 5am? They only need to work for an hr or two at night every night of the week. Got a contract to clean 24 hr gas stations.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Uggh, Not to sound like negative nelly but those are horrible hours. LOL Not unless you get another gig they can do in conjunction with that one, I don't even see anyone staying long term or taking it seriously. If they do I would highly suggest finding someone that lives extremely close by or can do it closer to the later part of the early morning such as 5 or 6 am.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those are rough hours to work. Like Nikki said try to combine them with other jobs either before or after. That way it benefits them (more hours). You might have to tackle yourself for the short term while you find someone to do it for you and while you looking for other contracts.

I service 24 hr gas stations myself but its only once a week floor care. At the moment, I am doing them until I can get enough of them going where I can have someone make a night of them 2 to 3 stations a night.

If you have current staff, mention it to them. See if anyone is looking for extra hours. Make sure they are capable and willing to work at those times. Offer flex weeks if 2 or more of your employees are looking for more work - 3 days this week, 4 days off then just switch which one works...can help prevent burn out

look for people getting off around that time - bar tenders, restaurant works, or look for people who are early risers and start a job at 6:30 or 7 in the morning...this way that can get extra hours without have to alter their natural schedule..

You are going to have to be creative on this one. You must look for and ask for extra work from the owner of the gas stations. Most times they own multiple stores.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, that is a tough one. I appreciate you guys feedback. I found someone and they will probably work from 5am to 6am. I have to do a good job on this bc the store owner has like 36 gas stations. he said if i do well i would get more. and i told the employee that i would give him more work if he stuck it out for a little while. still worried about turnover rate and him getting burned out, even though he said he was fine with the hrs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
good! Your are half way there. Just keep him motivated with additional work, praise him if he does a good job or if the owner compliments his work. If he is a good person and eager to earn his keep that can go a long way. Every once in a while you give him a night off. After the first week or second week, start asking for more stores especially if there are close to the one you currently service. Definitely let him know that you can perform other services, floor care, pressure washing, etc (if you have those capabilities). That way you can monopolize all of his available work and he only has to deal with one, reliable and consistent contractor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.