Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you motivate local fire Inspectors to do some inspecting of restaurants? One county that I know where they get shut down left and right by the AHJ's and Health Departments. Now the other County does not. Most of the restaurants that we talk to tell us they don't get it done since they don't get inspected at all. Now on the other hand one did finally get shut down by health department for hood system. Actually we have given them cards many of times and they say that it doesn't have to be done. Another tells us when it gets bad he just buys new fans. HUH The one that was shut down cried when it cost him over $20,000 dollars and 4 days loss of profits for being shut down. Complete all new Hood, ducts, fans, and more. Now the cleaning wouldn't have cost that much. I feel the inspectors are setting a bad example for these now we don't need it done thinking owners. I mean when you see exhaust fans where the top is completely black you know its been awhile.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I know of a place up the road, grease is running down the wall covers about 3ft patch of grass and takes up 4 parking spaces of a apartment complex next door. they have my cards many of them, since i like the food there.
they just passed inspection. ooh and the cook told me they just take the filters to the car wash. :thumbdown: The inspector sees shiny filter and signs off on it.:no:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Russ, now I understand your picture, with the big eyes. Just how big was that rat in the kitchen and was it skinned yet. And did you see the rat before or after you ordered and ate the special?

Douglas Hicks
General Fire Equipment Co of Eastern Oregon, Inc

·
Registered
331 Posts
In spite of what I know .... i had a craving for chinese.... and got some. I can vouch for thier exhaust system. But I still know know better.
I thnk i need some 12 step program..ie. i'm powerless over wontons....ect.

·
Registered
331 Posts
must have flied lice .....can't stop myself just one more eegga-rroll. why do i think i hear a screaming cat every time i bite into it

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Dave how you like the heat? Author P. just said you guys went from 110 to 107 on the heat index.....enjoy sucka:jester:
Just think next month ya have those big a** horse flies to contend with. I don't miss those at all...and those mosquitoes the size of you thumb...man o man those were the days.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I think we need to install the chat room for you guys quick. All these one liner off topics posts are killing me. ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
oops sorry nathan , we are all on parole from other boards ....i guess we are repeat offenders ..... old cons(conversationalist)a chat would be great except for the numbers ,all these post are boosting your stats any way!!!!!we are serious when we have to be but if thad and lou promise to do better i will too oh and mike!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts