Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
In some instances, water damage is hard to spot. If you aren’t sure about the extent of your damage, hire a water removal company that can use a special meter to evaluate the damage. These non-intrusive meters use radio frequencies to measure the extent of the water damage underneath the flooring. If the damage is shallow or limited to a small area, you have a much better chance at saving the flooring.Thanks for informative posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also be interested in Getting some Floor cleaning Tips. Anyone got any?
Hey ForeverClean :)

I have been using different cleaning equipments all this while but Floor buffer worked well for me.As my apartment has non-carpet floors so it is necessary to clean them on regular basis ,so this floor buffer helps me to keep the floor spotless .It does not consume much time also and is very easy to use.I read about them on floor buffer for sale you could also go through the information given there ,its very informative.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Maid in St.Louis

Good Tips:

Never:

Never use any of the following products on your floor: acrylic finishes, wax based products, detergents, ammonia based products, bleach, or polishes and oil soaps. Never use abrasive cleaning soaps or acidic materials such as vinegar.
Never allow water to stand on your floor for any length of time..
Avoid using rubber or non breathable materials for your mats.
Never use vacuums with the beater bars enabled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your no-wax vinyl needs cleaning, wash it with a cleaner made specifically for no-wax floors, following the directions on the container. If you have older vinyl that requires waxing, clean it with warm water and detergent. Dampen a mop or sponge with the mixture, and rub the floor just enough to loosen the dirt. Try not to rub off the wax because you’ll just have to reapply it. Rinse with clean, cool water—no matter what the soap label says about not needing rinsing— otherwise you’ll leave a residue on the floor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For wood...
Regular mopping just doesn't reach the stubborn dirt that lies deep in the pores of your hardwood, but Mid In Saint Louis' process does. This process includes an initial vacuuming of the areas to remove any loose dirt and debris, an auto scrubbing with an alkaline cleaner and then another auto scrubbing with a neutral cleaner to return the floor to its initial sheen. Edges are hand scrubbed, as are stairs.

Always:

Clean up spills immediately.
Vacuum or dust mop your floor once a week, or more, if needed.
Place mats at every entrance to protect against dirt or debris as well as moisture to prevent it from being tracked onto the floor.
Place runners and area rugs (with slip-resistant backings) along high-traffic areas.
Prevent damage to your floor by avoiding movement of heavy appliances and furniture on the floor by using hard, narrow furniture rollers with wide rubber rollers.
Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high-traffic areas.
Minimize damage to your floor from direct sunlight.

Never:

Never use any of the following products on your floor: acrylic finishes, wax based products, detergents, ammonia based products, bleach, or polishes and oil soaps. Never use abrasive cleaning soaps or acidic materials such as vinegar.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need tip with keeping hospital ER floors Clean

I have worked at numerous hospitals doing floor care. The current one is a small hospital and we are having issues keeping the ER floors cleaned and looking good. WE must strip and re wax these floors every 2 months. I was wondering if the reason why is because our housekeepers onnly dust mop the floors at most once a day. Will mopping more often help maintain the floors in my ER?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Plenty of great floor cleaning tips here. I think it’s very important to use less harsh chemicals especially now-a-days. I always appreciate natural floor cleaning techniques. Momentum janitorial vacuum cleaner removes dust, dirt and also the dust mites not visible to your eyes, not only from the surface but also from the deep within.Our services include: High speed polishing, waxing and sealing. Hope it works better.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Floor cleaning tips that you'd commonly need:

>For tile floors, the best way to clean is using a micro-fiber mop.

>For hardwood floors, use tea bags + boiling water to clean. Tannic acid gives a shining look to the floor. If there are any scratches on the wooden floor, use a similar color crayon to fill it. Use blow dryer on high and buff it up. Get rid of the remains with a soft cloth.

>For vinyl floors, borax + water is the best

Keep your floor away from harsh chemicals that would affect babies, pets and the floor itself. Moping atleast once a week is a must to maintain your floors in a good condition.
I hope you are not using the boiling water directly on hardwood floors! A lot of water, and especially HOT water, will ruin them.

Laminate floors can be difficult to clean due to water marks that get left. They dont like a lot of water, either, and a lot of water can damage them. What I do - and I am still learning - is vacuum opften (true for ALL floors!) and DAMP mop using a cleaner formulated for laminates. I have also used high quality all purpose cleaners on them and it came out fine. One of my customers likes me to use Murphy's Oil soap. I dont care for the stuff, but that is what he likes, so I use it. I felt it left the floor sticky and less shiny.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For wood...
Regular mopping just doesn't reach the stubborn dirt that lies deep in the pores of your hardwood, but Mid In Saint Louis' process does. This process includes an initial vacuuming of the areas to remove any loose dirt and debris, an auto scrubbing with an alkaline cleaner and then another auto scrubbing with a neutral cleaner to return the floor to its initial sheen. Edges are hand scrubbed, as are stairs.

Always:

Clean up spills immediately.
Vacuum or dust mop your floor once a week, or more, if needed.
Place mats at every entrance to protect against dirt or debris as well as moisture to prevent it from being tracked onto the floor.
Place runners and area rugs (with slip-resistant backings) along high-traffic areas.
Prevent damage to your floor by avoiding movement of heavy appliances and furniture on the floor by using hard, narrow furniture rollers with wide rubber rollers.
Area rugs are recommended in front of kitchen sinks, at all pivot points and within high-traffic areas.
Minimize damage to your floor from direct sunlight.

Never:

Thank you for sharing this tips.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts