Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am new to this forum and i am currently operating a cleaning business, licensed and insured, been doing it for about 6 months now. I love cleaning, its a rewarding feeling for me after a house has been finished, and to hear from people who are happy with the work that was done. That aside, I have a question about relatives and friends who ask you for your services. Moms house is always done for free:) I have a hard time pricing certain jobs do to feeling obligated to do it for nothing for everyone. My pricing is always an estimate based on size, hours working, and amount of cleaning needed. My sisters boyfriend just recently used me for a move in, place was a wreck, i knew what the job was worth, taking 5 hours. I've known some people who have different ideas and view money as strictly business, whether it be family or friends, and then i know people who family and friends and aquaintances who get things done for free and practically free. Maybe its a personal choice or maybe their is a rule when it comes to this. Any opinions please?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Hello Lanie, welcome to cleaningtalk.com

What I would suggest that you do when family or friends ask for your services and you are either asked to provide a discount or feel obligated to give one is to charge the rate that you would to a stranger than either offer to do a thing or two for free in addition to your normal services or offer a 10% discount from the total bill. To offer your services for free or for drastically reduced prices devalues both you and your business

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T.Peterson.

Hi,
I absolutely agree with what you have said about devalue of services. Your idea is simple and is a resonable way to deal with family and friends. Good way to compromise without hard feelings either way. Thanks again. Lanie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts